Four For Yu's Family Kitchen, March 21st-24th?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionFour For Yu's Family Kitchen, March 21st-24th?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m taking my family back to Chengdu with me to experience some proper Sichuan food, and 喻家厨房 is an obvious must-visit (I’ve already been twice—2011 and 2012).

There’s four of us, so if we can rustle up another four Chengdu people, the price drops to a very pleasant 300rmb per head.

Come on, I know you want to!

Participant

I’ve heard of this place and would love to join in.

Participant

what is this place? 300 kuai for a meal seems pretty intense…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    what is this place?

It’s a famous restaurant in Chengdu: Yu Bo’s Family Kitchen

Enjoy the ketchup dip.

Participant
    Quote:
    Enjoy the ketchup dip.

Yeah, I’m not a huge fan of that dish, though it does look pretty.

Other dishes are well worth it, though.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Although I haven’t been to Yu’s before, I was going to go with a group of friends last year and couldn’t go at the last minute. They had a great time and enjoyed it though, I actually should be available from the 21st to the 24th and would be happy to join.

Participant

I will be coming back to Chengdu on the 20th to see my girlfriend again. So we might be available on Friday or Saturday as well 😉 Would really like to check this place out.

Quote:

If you’re paying 300 then I’d agree this place is definitely worth at least a visit with a decent sized group. It just happened to be that I went with a couple of friends, and we paid 660 a head if I recall.

Participant

Ketchup dip’s my fav! My husband and I might be interested. Do you know what night you’re going?

Participant
    Quote:
    I will be coming back to Chengdu on the 20th to see my girlfriend again. So we might be available on Friday or Saturday as well 😉 Would really like to check this place out.

Mike! I think I leave on the 18th, would’ve been good to see you again. Although seeing as my visa is still up in the air, there is a chance I may be around. Going to Sichuan Culinary Institute on Friday, excited!

And yeah I think it’s interesting to check the place out, ideally with a lot more friends to bring down the cost per head, and try to speak to the chef Yu Bo if you can. That would be very insightful, especially if you are interested in (Sichuan) food.

Participant

Would have been definitely great to see you again! Hope you will still be around 😉

If you see or text Nanyu please don’t tell her anything as it will be a surprise^^

Participant
    Quote:
    Would have been definitely great to see you again! Hope you will still be around 😉

If you see or text Nanyu please don’t tell her anything as it will be a surprise^^

No problem! Am seeing her tomorrow and I won’t say a word. That’s so sweet. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.