Free Electric Scooter…Contest Ends Aug. 31

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionFree Electric Scooter…Contest Ends Aug. 31

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have an old electric scooter that I am going to give away. It is not in great shape – the tires are bald, the brakes are worn, the body is cracked. The front is covered with duct tape which is holding it together. It is only a year old, and it is in pretty poor condition.

But it works fine. And it is free. Free in the sense that I do not want any money for it. I will give this electric scooter away on Sept. 1st to someone in Chengdu. I will give to the person who makes the greatest altruistic offer in exchange.

For example, you might offer to do 5 hours of free tutoring for local children. Or you might offer to to donate a pint of blood to the hospital. Or you might offer to give away something of yours on this forum. Whoever makes the most generous and creative offer (by my subjective judgement) will receive my electric scooter as prize.

Additional weight will be given to offers which could potentially generate further acts of altruism within the community.

Thanks in advance!

Eli

Participant

How much does a new one cost and how much do you think yours is worth?

Participant

This one cost 2200 RMB new. I would say in its current condition, it could be valued at about 500 RMB. It is not in very good condition, for a number of reasons. I will try to remember to take a picture of it and put it up here in the next few days.

Participant

You reminded me, If I donate another 200 ml, I’ll have donatated 1100 ml. In the future I will donate directly to the patients rather than the Red Cross.

Does anyone need me to donate blood? O blood type.

Participant

What do you mean you get 1100 ml for your donation?

With the recent scandal involving the Red Cross, I can definitely understand why you would want to donate to hospitals, or patients directly. Have you given blood in Chengdu before? Where did you give it?

Participant

Donate another 200 ml, I donate of a total of 1100 ml.

For instance, some leukemia patients in the treatment process, sometimes requiring blood transfusion, if the same blood type, the doctor can tell you what time to donate blood.

Participant

All this plasma donation and altruism talk makes me think of the single greatest altruistic act one can give to those in need. In the words of Will.I.Am:

Imma be a bank, I be loanin’ out semen.

Participant

Haha ~ So what did you give?

Participant

I prefer the appearance of being a taker.

Any giving I do remains anonymous.

Except for my banking, that’s pretty well known. ;D

Keymaster

Eli, haven’t you given blood in Chengdu before? Perhaps I’m mistaken, I remember someone donating blood last year…

Participant

I have not… but please feel free to continue remembering me having done so.

This doesn’t seem very altruistic to me, since people would be doing it for the scooter…

then again, might just be semantics

Participant

Thats a fair point. I guess I am trying to do something altruistic- albeit lazily. I might need to work a little harder- since my offer has not triggered an avalanche of community interest – or I might need to be a little bit more creative, as I have been told that this idea has already been explored in a feel-good drama staring Halley Joel Osment: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_It_Forward_(film)…

you could always offer bj’s and get Chengdu’s substantially large gay community involved…

just a thought

Participant

So far there hasn’t been a lot of interest in this proposition, so if you want to make that offer, it might win you the scooter.

Participant

You can take your electric scooter to give your friend. Recently, I want to learn to ride electric scooter.

and where can I buy this?http://www.treehugger.com/files/2005/02/hondas_cute_ele.php

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.