Free Trip to Emei – Room and Board incl

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionFree Trip to Emei – Room and Board incl

• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Avatar photoIan.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello:

Free trip to Emei in mid-August. There will me a mixed martial arts bonanza going on, and everyone who joins in (foreigners only, sorry, not my idea) will get to watch the fights and perhaps participate.

Here is the orig post:

https://www.chengduliving.com/forum/topic/foreigners-needed-for-mma-event-in-august/

Please leave name and best way to contact in the comments below.

Sascha

Participant

Hi Sascha,count me inn!

[email protected], drop me a mail and ill send my mobile number

Keymaster

This event is from August 7th to the 10th by the way, which is Wednesday through Friday.

Participant

Yip,Im on a 6 week holliday, so no worries

Shame this is during the week, it’d be interesting to see the level of competition on show. ‘Free’ should get you a few takers though. What’s the transportation up there and back?

Participant

Brothers,

Take some time off for an awesome trip to watch the fights!! Transport is via hired bus back and forth, hotel is standard chinese style, not bad but not awesome. Nico, I’ll pm later tonight

Participant

I’m interested in this as well and I hope this doesn’t come out as a stupid question, but what if I am a foreigner but distinctly look like a local (I’m Filipino). Will that make any difference?

Participant

Is this still happening?

Participant

Ok, sorry about the laclk of response, but SURPRISE the people running the show out at Emei weren’t clear on the situation.

They originally said they would pay for foreigners to show up and watch, from the 7th to the 10th. Then they said they would only pay for foreigners who represent different couontries in the Opening Ceremony and alsol fight. Then they said foreigners wouldn’t havbe to fight, they could just do some wushu movements in the wushu contest. Finally, they said no foreigners will be paid for, but anyone who wants to come is welcome.

For those of you new to China, this may seem fucked up, but for those of us who have been around, its just so face-palmingly common.

Also, it seems that the event was shortened to 1 day only, on the 10th, which is a weekend.

I am going for sure, anyone who wants to go with me can call me at 18615773958

I have heard some real horror stories from MMA and wushu foreigners here- delays, postponments, no pay, no hotel, fighting unfair fights in rigged matches withovermatched CHinese etc. Its a fucked up business. If you want to see it first hadn, give me a call

Sascha

Participant

Ha typical Chinese style.  I will fight if I can place my gloves in broken glass

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.