Freight Forwarder: USA > China

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionFreight Forwarder: USA > China

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone.

Coming to Chengdu early August but wanting to ship some belongings ahead of time by sea door to door. I have heard some horror stories of things stuck at ports, customs and yadda yadda yadda. Would love to avoid all that if possible.
    The shipment wont be that big, maybe 4-5 boxes tops. Mostly clothes, books, maybe, some electronics (not sure about electronics yet).

From what I have seen thus far it seems like the majority of intl movers ship by pallets and basically your entire house, and that’s not what I need. I wanna know if there are companies that ship smaller volumes like a couple of boxes.

So far I’ve found only Seven Seas Worldwide that quoted me per box with door to door delivery. They quoted me about 80 days to ship from Houston, TX to Chengdu.

I have never shipped large volumes before (4 boxes is big for me:D )so if any of you have some advice on the best ways to do it; and know of a good freight forwarder you have used in the past, please share!

Thanks in advance!

Participant

I used them, they did ship door to door, and there weren’t surprise costs (inspection fee and import taxes, I think, as previously mentioned). But, it took four months, and every box was pretty well crushed by the time it arrived. We only packed durable things, so only a couple things actually got broken.

About the electronics: Pack carefully, be prepared to pay import taxes on all electronics (and certain sporting goods). Also make sure you can plug things in when you get here: laptops & phone charger might be OK with 220v but a blender won’t.

Participant

Hello, generally for people who first time delivers large quantities all will meet your problems. If you consider so many problems about your shipping from China to USA, I think you can contact with a professional forwarder in China directly to help you deal with them, which may make things easy and save your time and money. You can get a quote before deciding to choose which forwarder at first.

Participant

Be relax, things won’t always be horrible. To choose a reliable and professional freight forwarder is a necessity. Shipping China USA is not so difficult a task for China Freight. Not only that for regular shipping, personal effects get special protection.

Blocked

Although this is an old post, I used these guys recently and they were great. Thanks for posting this info!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.