Frisbee Golf Tournament!

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionFrisbee Golf Tournament!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant

That’s right ‘du-ers, Frisbee Golf is here, and hippies, slackers, and frat boys from far and wide are descending upon our friendly city to take part in the madness. Get our your yoga mats, exercise balls, crystals, vaporizers, or whatever you need to limber up physically and spiritually for the event.

What: 9 holes of high flying frisbee golf action. We’ll play with partners in an “alternate shot” format. Tee shots must be alternated. Teams will keep score for each other, and the event organizer will be the official scorer and judge.

Where: We’ll gather on the “lawn” just inside the Sichuan University North Gate

When: Tuesday April 30th, the 2nd day of the upcoming 3 day holiday, We’ll gather at 4pm and set out on our frisbee golf vision quest from there.

How (you can join): You will need 1 frisbee, at least between you and your partner. If you have a frisbee and a partner then just show up on Tuesday.

If you want to join and can’t find a partner, just send me a message or reply to this post with your frisbee golf resume and achievements to potentially attract a partner. If you want to join, but don’t have a frisbee, send me a message or appeal to the forum.

Why: Because frisbee golf rules, and my extended circle of friends could never manage an actual game of ultimate frisbee

The Leg and Whistle Pub has generously offered to sponsor the event, and we will head there after the competition is over for beers, awards, toasts, roasts, and tomfoolery of a general nature.

Some notes:

– A good attitude is expected. The event organizer will be firm, but fair, and enforce the rules equally to all competitors.

– Skill level doesn’t matter, the point of the event is to have fun with a pinch of competitive integrity.

– Dress code: colorful with a hint of trashiness

– BYOB, but there will be short breaks to restock on supplies after the 3rd and 6th holes.

Looking forward to seeing everyone out there on Tuesday, the weather forecast is clear and sunny with a 100% chance of frisbee excitement

Keymaster

Is there a lot of structure to frisbee golf? What are the rules? I have never played before.

I played a little Frisbee Golf years ago in my hometown. Thanks to the numerous parks and playing fields the town played host to both Frisbee Golf and Frisbee Football leagues each summer.

If I’m in Chengdu I might be up for this.

Participant
    Quote:
    Is there a lot of structure to frisbee golf? What are the rules? I have never played before.

it’s very simple, here’s a link to the wiki entry for disc golf

Quote:
    If I’m in Chengdu I might be up for this.

That level of enthusiasm is just about right for disc golf

Participant

Bump! For Frolf! (Frisbee Golf)

Participant

Frolf, frisbee golf Jerry. Golf with a frisbee. This is gonna be my time. Time to taste the fruits and let the juices drip down my chin. I proclaim this: The Summer of George!

Frolfail??

Participant

Actually Brendan I’d say the event was somewhere between wildly and uber successful. Probably edging out the party on Monday night in the fun category by just a hair. The competition was fierce and throws increasingly accurate as the pressure mounted. It wasn’t the kind of affair that wallflowers sitting in the corner at parties could thrive in (slam!). Maybe hit the weights a tad more and you’ll have what it takes for your next event.

Thanks to everyone who did come out and The Leg for sponsoring, I was very impressed by all competititors with special acclaim for Eli and Freddy.

@Vincent, got some pics of the madness?

Quote:
    It wasn’t the kind of affair that wallflowers sitting in the corner at parties could thrive in (slam!).

You can be my Miracle Grow.

Participant

Yeah I got a few pics, but not sure how to upload them here from my phone. I’ll check tomorrow from my computer

Participant
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    It wasn’t the kind of affair that wallflowers sitting in the corner at parties could thrive in (slam!). Maybe hit the weights a tad more and you’ll have what it takes for your next event.

lol

iceburn.gif

Keymaster

Vincent sent me photos from this:

fg1.jpg

fg2.jpg

fg3.jpg

fg4.jpg

fg5.jpg

Participant

@Charlie – cheers for that!

@Vincent – nice action shots!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.