Furniture Shops and other Nik Naks!

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionFurniture Shops and other Nik Naks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I’ve just moved into a new apartment (again!), and am looking for a few bits and pieces to make it mine. Ikea is already on my list, but I’m keen to know if any of you know of some decent locations for furniture, textiles, and accessories. As an example, I’d like to find a full length tilting mirror, preferably wood framed. I’m also after a couple of large, decent rugs.

I know of the string of furniture stores just a block from the Uno Mall, though having passed them on several occasions, the word ‘Chintz’ springs to mind each time I look in the windows!

Any info appreciated!

Participant

In the south of chengd on kehua beilu, just after it crosses er huan lu (behind the renovated shopping mall) is Hola; kinda like IKEA, as some ok stuff, but even better is B & Q next door (probably the closest thing to Home Depot in Chengdu). That’s if you wanna do some DIY (they also have some rugs and stuff). Always seems to be empty. i hear its days are numbered (DIY aint big in China)…

Ah yes, the B&Q… I’ve actually stepped inside that before when passing by, as I was so surprised to see them here. Funnily enough I remember thinking they couldn’t possibly be doing well, I don’t see your average working middle class family bearing the shame of D.I.Y.! B&Q is usually good for smaller odds and ends, so I’ll check that out at some point. Thanks for the reminder.

Keymaster

B&Q is definitely the best place to find Western hardware store type stuff. It’s not cheap but you get what you pay for. Make sure you know what you’re looking for before you arrive though, there are about 50 people working inside there at any given time but they are all clueless judging by the interactions I’ve had with them (example: they have no idea which products they stock).

Ikea has gotta be the first stop for furniture, every other place I’ve seen furniture for sale in Chengdu it’s either been gaudy or overpriced. Ikea hits the value and tasteful mark most of the time and they have a good selection of really cheap furniture and higher quality stuff which runs up to and over 5,000 yuan.

Participant

Bayi furniture city is a good place to choose furniture,last time,one of my client rent an apartment,and choose furniture there,the next day,the guys send furniture to his apartment.

@ Charlene: Where is Bayi furniture store? Are they a one stop store, or do they stock a specific range of furniture, etc.?

Participant

Many shops sell all kinds of and different level funiturn in it,you can compare the price from more shops.

But it is a little bit far,near 3rd ring road,west.So far,only No.213 and 802 can reach there.

In Mandrin is Baiyi jiajucheng.八一家具城

If you are looking for something nicer , higher quality then IKEA items , there is a new place call portfoliostudio at the Jiu Feng International Furniture Mall No.20 Jia Ling Lu, Wuhuo District Chengdu,just opened this month . They carry , Carl Hansen and Son , Gus’s modern sofa and few other imported brands.

http://www.portfoliostudio.co/contact_cn/contact_cn.html

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.