Getting Vaccinated in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionGetting Vaccinated in Chengdu

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I got my first Hep A shot back in america and I’m overdue (oops) for the second shot. Can someone recommend a hospital or doctor where I can get this? I’d prefer one that speaks english but I won’t hold my breath on that one. I contacted the American consulate about it but they were no help. I don’t want to get hepatitis!

There is an expat clinic called Parkway Health in the High Tech Zone.http://www.parkwayhealth.cn/medical-center-locations/chengdu-medical-center.php

Not sure however that they do vaccination…Give them a call.

If not there is also an hospital in Tongzilin : International Travel Healthcare Center.

Keymaster

Good suggestions. If those don’t work out you can always try calling Global Doctors in Chengdu.

Participant

Thanks guys! I’ll give these a try and let you know how it turns out.

How long does a Hep A shot last for? 5 or 10 years? I haven’t been vaccinated since ’05 for anything as far as I can remember, including Tetanus, but that one is definitely good for 10 years. Let us know where you end up going, I’d like to make sure I’m in check too.

I’m pretty sure it’s 10 years.

Participant

The Hep A vaccine has to be done 2 shots. The first one is good for 6 months to a year and the second shot is good for 20 years. I got my first one more than a year ago so I might need to start it all over again. Stupid!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.