Online Banking in China

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionOnline Banking in China

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

To all foreigners here: i saw a lot posts here and they shocked me,, dears , China is developing fast and you can get anything online!!

why should you get a bank card and online banking account? what good can it do to you?

1, online shopping !!!
    movie tickets, clothes , taobao ,tmall, jingdong , very easy with an online account! And undenyablely, they are way much cheaper than physical stores , and most importantly, your friend need only help to translate chinese to english rather than going through all the processes..

.( i d do free translation,but if u need me to do group purchasing or buy it for you with certain commissionary fees, forgive me, i d charge higher price than the money you pay for the thing you buy).

http://cd.nuomi.com. for chengdu group buying.  the first line are categories,  电影 , for movies, 自助餐 for cafeteria.

2,pay all kinds of fees!!
    needless to say, it is verrry convenient! phone call charges, gas bills, electricity bills , social security payments( which i knew just now !!)

3, wealth management and finacial security.
    er,  cause you can link your phone to your personal account and instant messages will be sent immediately if you have a girlfriend who use your credit card like a nuts.

Well, this post is also for some of my friends, you know i d like to help but,, it s actually easy to do. below are ways to do it :

1, get your passport .
    2, get your hand, and brain.
    3, if you go to small banks,get your chinese friend with you in case bank teller doesnt understand you.
    4, fill the forms.
    5,listen to the bank teller and do whatever she says when u get back home.

About online banking account , every big bank has english version for online banking and you may call the service centre as well which has english speakers to help you too.

in a word, on line banking is easy and will do great favor to you guys, so go get it !!

Thanks to my dearest sis who works in a BOC , bank of China with a nice face and heart, couldnt done this with her generous help. wish this can help some of you guys. And if you have millions of deposit, you can keep it in her bank to repay the favor..

Participant

Nice face and heart, but she use credit card like a nuts? 😀

Participant

@Rick : no , she is smart and pretty and she spends her money only when necessary.

Participant

On a serious note though – one of my biggest beefs with online banking in China is all the security apps are windows-only, so what if we’re on an OSX? I need to run their stupid insecure security software in a VM to buy a 18 rmb bike part off taobao, wtfx? That’s my biggest problem really 😀 Specifically I use: Bank of China, China Merchants Bank, and I actually like the HSBC bank for the account transfers functionality/ease but online purchases, hassles for me personally (all my households notebooks and all but 1 desktop run osx)

Participant

@ Rick : I just find I have so much to learn … Actually  personally I don’t use online banking at all .. I haven been taking great care of by someone… And actually I have no idea what s Osx and anything connected with computer is my weakness….but can t change the system to windows? And about the security software , well u might not know how smart some hackers are….sorry I just can’t help .but every time my sis use it and It seemed rather simple And easy ? The security software will run automatically ?

Participant

@Tina
    I prefer apple & OSX to windows 😀 that’s the difference, apple systems come with OSX – you can install windows or emulate it, but…silly hassle 😛 I only use windows on a specific gaming rig which hooks up to a bigscreen. I don’t know of any banks that are providing OSX (apple) compatible security tools to do online banking/purchasing, that’s what I meant.

Participant

I opened an account a few weeks ago and almost got my hopes up once they confirmed I had online access and gave me my little USB dongle. Then I got home and found the site is entirely in Chinese and Google Translate doesn’t work because the site is imaged based (?) haha. DOH!

http://www.czbank.com if anyone wants to prove me wrong 😀

Participant

@woodWERD:  english version are limited to big Chinese banks. Banks u see everywhere , such Ian’s , ICBC,CBC, BOC, ABC…not the local based ones…..

@Rick
    : check ur pm about another thread. And about this one,,, ICBC is the largest bank in china ( except our central bank ). And just checked it supports Osx system and  apple.

to all of who would concern , card of ICBC and card of  BOC. are two cards you should have…. This will help a lot of u.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.