Going to Shanghai, Any Suggestions?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionGoing to Shanghai, Any Suggestions?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi folks,

I am offered to go to Shanghai, but haven’t been there before, but guess many of you have here. So here i am asking for some suggestions for my move. Basically, I am more concerned about where to have fun during night and how much it is enough to get paid to afford these fun in Shanghai… lol

This site is a really good website ( don’t need me to say lol )
    So is there any website like this for Shanghai?

any words are welcome and appreciated,

Cheers XX

Keymaster

Hey,

There are way more places to have fun at night in Shanghai than in Chengdu, but the city overall has a very different feeling. Chengdu is laid back, Shanghai is hectic. In my opinion Chengdu is better for living, but Shanghai is better for working. It just depends on what your priorities are, but I’ve lived in Shanghai for a few months and wouldn’t move back, even though I have a lot of fun every time I go there. If you go, check out Dada, Homies, and Shelter. There are tons of Shanghai blogs and websites, just Google for them and you’ll find all the info you need. The expat population in Shanghai is gigantic.

Participant

Thanks Charlie, will check these places if Id make up my mind to go there, still not sure about the decision yet….

Participant

If you want to have fun in Shanghai just go to a port area after 7 🙂  If you’re into some extreme fun, got there after 12 and lurk around 🙂

Participant

@Xmo: Shanghai is so big with a foreigner population (western countries) of 200 K. Plus there are half million Taiwaness and many Korean, Malay. Basically Taiwaness and Korea live in the west part called “Hongqiao” area, people from west countries live in “Xuhui” or “Jingan” district. There are many general consulates around this area, I guess this is the reason the west population was developed.
    Many bars, foreigner shops, restaurants. Hundreds of museums, galleries, cinemas,theaters. Parties are everywhere and in everyday. I would like to say, it is not only a place for work, but also a great place for living.

There’s a 24hour wine bar called YY or Yin Yang. Great music, drinks, food and a good pothead chill spot.

Participant

There’s a 24hour wine bar called YY or Yin Yang. Great music, drinks, food and a good pothead chill spot.

If you just want some beer or wine, Hengshan Rd. is a good choice. It is a kind of “bar sheet”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.