Good barbers in Chengdu?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionGood barbers in Chengdu?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Here I am again!

Basically that time of the month where I need a haircut has come again and this will be the first time I am getting my hair cut in Chengdu. Obviously I don’t have a clue where to go so it would be amazing if you could point me in the right direction.

It seems there are barbers all over the place but I am apprehensive as I can be very specific with what I want. And I am on a budget. Is there anywhere that can marry these two things together in the city?

Participant

Better bring a hat. just in case they make you look like a Korean pop star…seriously. Don’t forget that hat.

You can get a decent haircut and a shampoo for less than 30RMB. You just need to communicate what you want. Maybe try showing them a picture?

Chengdu budget haircuts for the style win.

Participant

Just hit my man Sergio the Barber (not really his name). Clippers. 15 kuai. 10 minutes. Style? Sergio doesn’t do style. Satisfied. See you next year Serge….

Participant

If you can’t speak much Chinese a picture is key. Just show them what you’re going for and most of the time they’ll get it close enough.

Participant

I wonder if I bring a picture of one of the fluffy haired Korean pop stars what will they think.

Participant

They”d probably be super excited and do you up real nice.

Participant

Like this?

2357_57399856244_836_n.jpg

Participant

Looks like I’ll just brave one of the fancier looking places with a picture. I have had some seriously botched jobs in England where they bloody speak the language so can’t go much worse. Right?

As for the hat, I will heed the warning. Not sure I am ready for a K-pop do yet.

Participant

Hello Roberto,

I have a barber in our complex that cuts my hair for 10Kuai.Usually give him 15.I have wavy hair,different to most Chinese and he still does a good job.

Participant

Got a black barber in the city?

Participant

No idea, and no clue how to find out other than asking others. Most guys I know use local. Maybe a good small business idea, travelling barber.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.