Good Places for Basking in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduGood Places for Basking in Chengdu?

• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Avatar photoXmo.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey dear friends,

Does somebody have experience with basking in chengdu? Any suggested areas with more people and less troubles with police? I would highly appreciate any info, and yes, any performers, feel free to join 😉

Keymaster

Do you mean busking, as in street performance? The best places for this are crowded areas – try Chunxi Lu. I don’t think you’ll get bothered much by police, depending on what your performance is.

I personally like to bask in warm mothers milk in the comfort of my bathtub.

Glorious.

Participant

I was going to say: one of my decks.

That being said – busking, in Chengdu.. never seen foreigners busking here, but yeah – if you’re putting on an interesting show on the street I think there’s VERY little chance you’ll be hassled by police/guards, they may just watch out of interest – but if they do, I doubt they’d put much effort into trying to get you to move or leave. I also don’t know how much actual money you’d get out of this, but I’m guessing very little…

Participant

In a public park like People’s Park of Chengdu maybe…

Participant

I have two turtles that bask in my small pond your welcome to join them.

Participant

Public park might work – just 2 things I’d consider:

I think inside a public park you’re more likely to be harassed by local guards than on the street, police imo don’t really give much a shit what foreigners are up to, but park guards..maybe, I think of them more chengguan ish in terms of their need to act tough 😀 secondly, I think if you’re inside a park grounds, maybe end up with far less money (if any), people might just think it’s some show put on by the park.. worth trying.

I’m mostly just curious how it turns out for you, like I said, never seen foreigners busking in Chengdu, curious how locals react 😀 if you do this please post some update on what it was like!

Participant

Hah… Thank you for free English classes :)) I do not think I will ever confuse bAsking with bUsking any more :))

Ian, can you give me directions? Your generous offer sounds very good to me :)) pond and some turtles around.. Thats all I need for total happiness!

As for busking, we tried couple of places, Music park is good fun, but very little cash. Chunxi road would be perfect location, but the guards care more then you could imagine. they show up in less then ten minutes if you trying to do smth.

One trouble is that we need power plug, so that they hustle shop who gives us power, some time soon we will get batteries and get totally independant, so that we can just ignore them and keep on playing 🙂 Thats a plan so far.

Performance is just a guitar with looper, Didge, harmonika and mouth harps. and yes, a bit of Poi.

Thank you all for suggestions and friendly English language classes :))

Participant

I once saw someone busk at the opposite to the Rafles City (the 数码广场 one)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.