Google Music in China

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionGoogle Music in China

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Not sure if you all use this or something better, but I have been using google music for a while now and like it quite a lot – clean interface, lots of songs, lyrics scrolling along with the song, and fast….oh, and legit/free 😀

http://www.google.cn/music – if you’ve not checked it out do so. Doesn’t work while on VPN, must connect from within china. If anyone uses something they’ve compared and find better I’d be interested in knowing what.

Participant

@Rick: yeah man, i’m checking it now. Got some surprisingly cool stuff. And legit!

Participant

WOW! can even download the music!!!

Participant

Missus had a look and said that some of the artists were good. She uses QQ for music and gives me what I like with a flash.1st time I was in China was in Nanning and I managed to buy some CDs (TanJing)

Now I havn’t seen any shops selling music Cds.My music taste is mostly classics,pop etc.

Participant

The site mainly advertises Chinese artists, but if you type in search, it has a ton of western artists/songs, including most genres..the primary difference I find is it’s all very high quality and legitimate, so no having to deal with ‘half’ gray market and inconsistent quality from most domestic services.

Participant

Dude they got some surprising underground stuff too. Typed in The Unseen (one of my fave screamo bands) and got 3 tracks. Whoda thought….

Participant

Music: Great topic to have started. Google music in Chinese, but with some guessing I managed to download some music,also Western music. 10-20 secs for a 5 Mb song! Whilst preparing to study Chinese> getting an iPad > surfing iTunes, I stumbled onto their media player. I like it a lot because it has a duplicate search function. Wish I could copy my ratings from WMP to this new player.

Btw,we all know Ceine Dion. Before her there was another French/Canadian singer (better)Lucille Starr. Wish I could get some of her music.

grooveshark.com works here in dujiangyan

very good as well.

Participant
    Quote:
    grooveshark.com works here in dujiangyan

It works here in Chengdu too, grooveshark is great!

Participant

not sure if this should go here or the other music thread, but can someone recommend some solid dubstep or drum and bass artists to check out?

Participant

Can’t speak so much on Drum and Bass, maybe someone else would be better to weigh in there. Rusko, Joker and Nero are 3 big dubstep artists you can check out. A few more are Dj Madd, Phaeleh, Gemmy, Mr. Lager, Zomby, Ruf and Loofah.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    can someone recommend some solid dubstep or drum and bass artists to check out?

Download my drum & bass mixes! The first one to get is Martial Art, which is all songs produced by my friend Passai. Everything is 100% original and unreleased. All atmospheric (lighter and jazzy) drum & bass.

Drum n bass artists to check out:

Netsky

LTJ Bukem

Ed Rush & Optical

Bad Company

Quote:
    Dude they got some surprising underground stuff too. Typed in The Unseen (one of my fave screamo bands) and got 3 tracks. Whoda thought….

Too many Unseen songs to count on grooveshark

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.