Guitar Hero and Rock Band

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionGuitar Hero and Rock Band

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I played the Guitar Hero and Rock band games on PS3 last nite for the very first time. It was awsome! Does XBox360 have band games like that?

Keymaster

Yeah, it’s on PS3 and Xbox. Last year the world’s best Guitar Hero players came to compete at the World Cyber Games in Chengdu.

We have Guitar Hero in my office on Xbox 360, it is still good times.

Cool. Are you hiring? I’m hot and speak good English…

Keymaster

We’re always hiring! Post a picture.

Participant

Guitar Hero and Rock Band hardware (guitar, drum set, etc) available on Tao Bao. Last I went to the computer city area they had guitars, but not the full rock band set – I think on Tao Bao you can find a set for about 700 800rmb… I have Guitar Hero on Wii, but am tryin to get ahold of the rock band set (likely for xbox), if anyone finds or if I find a good place to purchase can post the source here 😀

Keymaster

Guitar Hero never got really popular here. It’s not cheap to get the full set and I’d be reluctant to get that anyway since having plastic drums chilling in your living room looks pretty suspect. The sets are expensive here, like 2,000 yuan.

The guitars are cheap though, we got wireless guitars for Xbox 360 for about 200 yuan a piece. They stow away nicely.

Participant

I totally love Guitar Hero. I’ve been playing more or less all the available games and GH:Metallica is by far my favorite one. Some of their songs are just insanely difficult/fast (and fun!).

My general level is expert and finish most songs on +95%, except for some of the hardest ones that I don’t know and don’t like.

I recently bought the innovative Rock Band 3 Fender SQUIER PRO-Guitar for my Xbox360. It’s a real guitar with snares and it kinda works the same way, except you’re playing the real strings on an actual guitar 🙂

Here’s a picture (the green box is the MIDI-adapter):

267653_2131090794817_1172409304_2641955_7743184_n.jpg

Although I’m probably reselling it since I don’t want to take all of my gear to Chengdu, but I also don’t want it to just stand there for a year 🙁

Participant

Btw there’s only one drum set I would ever buy and it’s the ION Drum Rocker Pro. It looks pretty real and the build quality is far more superior to the standard toy ones you can buy in a set. Look it up 🙂

Keymaster

How does the real guitar work with Guitar Hero if the game only has 5 buttons / strings?

Participant

So far it’s only possible on the recent Rock Band 3 game which has special “PRO”-songs.

The screen shows you which string to play and a number indicates the fret.

rb3_expert_pro_guitar.jpg

Here’s a YT video of the gameplay: Blink 182 – Dammit Rock Band 3 Squier Pro Guitar

It hasn’t been marketed well and it’s not available in a lot of countries. I had mine shipped over from the States. There’s also a cheaper version called the “Fender Mustang” controller, which has 102 buttons in stead of actual strings.

I’m actually more looking forward to the release of RockSmith!

Keymaster

Wow, Rock Smith looks awesome.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.