Gyms and Personal Trainers?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionGyms and Personal Trainers?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hey looking for advice of gyms, prices and trainers.

I have decided that its time to get myself back into shape. and am seeking advice on what are good gyms and the price range in the Tongzilin area? or really close to subway line 1.

having good weights isn’t a huge issue to me – as i have read in previous forums, im more about cardio.

I would also love a fitness trainer but i am unsure if there are any good, english speaking ones here in chengdu? and if so what would there prices be?

Participant

Orient above Carrefour in Tongzilin is not bad ( i went there for almost a year) but at the time i was also into cardio and was often frustrated that the treadmills were all occupied. Also there was no rowing machine which was another disadvantage. As with all gyms here you wanna bargain hard, but i found those guys particularly non-flexible on price….

Participant

You can find some outside Sichuan University.You can get there by subway.I am practicing BharataNatyam,are you interested?

Keymaster

I have yet to see an English speaking personal trainer in Chengdu but I imagine there is growing demand for that now. If you can, find a gym buddy to train with, ideally someone with more experience and knowledge of training than you.

The gym that Ray mentioned above Carrefour is your best option in that area I think.

Participant

Hello Jess. I am a cetrified personaL trainer. I am currently only teaching a few private classes for a serviced residence complex, but I might be able to help you out depending on what you are looking for. Send me a PM with your fitness goals if you are interested.

Participant

@valley Bharatanatyam in chengdu! Wow! Thats a big surprise for me and great to know 😉

Participant

Drop those weights.”When done correctly, you should meet God. Most people should not even try” Tabata!!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2013/mar/25/tabata-harder-faster-fitter-quicker

I’ve started consulting again recently should anyone be interested in getting into some serious shape. Personal Trainers here will generally just repeatedly run you through circuits (usually on machines, and/or in bad form), and you can forget any decent nutritional advice.

PM me for a discussion.

Participant

If other fitness nuts are jumping in, ill do it too.

Rates are:

5 rounds of boxing mitts: 100 RMB

1 hour of BJJ: 400 RMB

30-45 min of ProBodX and other physical work outs: 150 RMB

Once i move the city and convert the rooftop into a gym, then ill do this in comfort of my own home.

My instructor use to commute 2 hours just to do 1 hour of privates.. For 60 USD! He always lowballed his prices. Did he need that money? Naww, he is a true fighter and martial artist.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.