Half Price on TaoBao Day

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHalf Price on TaoBao Day

• This topic has 12 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoIan.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys, 11/11 it’s the half price day on TaoBao! If you want buy something, this is the right time…

Taobao.com

Keymaster

Great deal indeed. There are huge banners all over Taobao. I don’t think this sale applies to everything, but hundreds of items are heavily discounted.

Keymaster

I was speaking with some colleagues about this this morning and one said that billions of yuan were spent yesterday on Taobao and Tmall because of this sale!

Participant

Does this effect small sellers too? Or is this site wide?

If thats the case, ill buy a PS3 for 1500 instead of 3000… Also, if this is sitewide, makes me regret spending 900+ on the chips.. The damn shipping to my door is costing me 100 rmb…

Participant

Hm..wish I knew about this 😀

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Does this effect small sellers too? Or is this site wide?

I’m not even 100% clear myself. I think it was just thousands of discounted items.

Quote:
    makes me regret spending 900+ on the chips.. The damn shipping to my door is costing me 100 rmb…

You go hard, Jerry. That’s like $150 on chips!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    If thats the case, ill buy a PS3 for 1500 instead of 3000.

Also, I think PS3 is much cheaper now. I got mine for something like 2,500 when the slim model came out a few years ago. Pretty worth it considering it plays Blu-Ray movies and PS3 games cost 10 yuan to install on the internal hard drive.

Participant

I want to get the earlier version of PS3. I bought some PS1 and PS2 games with me and been itching to relive the exp of playing them again. The newer ones are not backwards compatible with PS3 slim.

Also the sale was just one day… Mostly T-Mall stuff…

Heh, a true American consumer i am! Plus no woman to hound me on what i shouldnt spend my money on :). I also saving money, even with my splurging lately.

Participant

I went on a massive shopping spree. It happens every 11.11 for singles day.

And to be clear, it’s not 50% on all taobao. Just tmall. Taobo is individual vendors. I saw a lot of lame 5% offs.

Participant

Still a cheap day to be shopping online 🙂

Keymaster

Finally found some solid info on this sale: Taobao’s Absolutely Gigantic Day of Sales

Over US $3 BILLION in sales in one day.

Participant

I want a little money from these billions…

Participant

Because of this special day most deliveries are going to take weeks to arrive.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.