Having Internet Problems too?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHaving Internet Problems too?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anyone having intrnt connection problems over the last few days over? Don’t worry, it’s not you, it’s them. After a couple of frustrating days deinstalling and reinstalling my software and thinking there was something wrong my OS, I just got a message from my v&#p*.n (trying to be stealthy here) service provider that certain people were cracking down at the moment because of the big meeting in Beijing. Should be back to normal soon. Or your service provider might have a workaround…

Participant

I’m having problem too. I can only access gmail through a client not the web page.

Does anyone know a (public) place with better service?

Participant

I’m having problem too. I can only access gmail through a client not the web page.

Does anyone know a (public) place with better service?

Participant

No problems here….

Participant

No problems here….

Participant
    Quote:

Apparently all Google services, including gmail, are also blocked.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/11/09/web-monitor-china-takes-extraordinary-step-of-blocking-google/

Participant
    Quote:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/11/09/web-monitor-china-takes-extraordinary-step-of-blocking-google/

Both gmail and google search are working on my China Telecom connection

Participant

I’m using two line, Aipu Sichuan Network and China Liantong, without problems… I search with Google but I can read e-mail only with Outlook, not by browser…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I can read e-mail only with Outlook, not by browser…

I use Sparrow, but I have the same issue – works fine in the app, but accessing Gmail via Gmail.com is slow and sometimes doesn’t work at all.

Quote:

I read just a few minutes ago that at least some of the blocks have been lifted: Google Access Returns to China

Participant

I had the same problem on and off. I changed my settings… imap.googlemail.com etc. [email protected]….

Did this a few minutes ago, restarted and all is well. Hoping it remains this way.

Participant

Party Congress is in session, so yeah, everything’s been a bit shit for the last couple weeks and it’s coming to a head. We can hope it ends up clearing up in the next week or so, but I’ve been reading a lot of reports and weibo stuff that it might be here to stay…

Another thing for anyone having issues:

If your VPN is giving you a hassle, run it in TCP mode and it should work fine. UDP packets seem to be blocked the hardest right now. This is also why stuff like games/ventrillo/mumble/skype might have been acting up for you lately. Running a VPN or whatever will not fix this problem, however. Just gotta wait.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.