Help – Registering to Vote for Foreign Election

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHelp – Registering to Vote for Foreign Election

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Everybody,

I’ll be in Chengdu in less than a week now but I don’t have that much from people of the program i’m going with.

I heard I have to register to the French consulate. I was wondering if someone knows something about how to be registered to vote for the French election and I also heard that you have to be registered so that the consulate knows you’re here.

I’m asking to the French community if there is any, but also to all the others who might have been through this process at another consulate.

I’ll be in China with a tourist visa but will switch to resident permit once I’ll get there. Do I need to get my resident permit first or can I already registered with my tourist visa ?

Thank you for your help and for the information you give on the forum… it helps me not to freak out !!

Participant

You will be on the voters register in France. Contact them….probably via your local authority. You should be able to get a proxy vote in this way ie you name somebody else like a family member who can vote for you. That’s how I did it a few years ago but I am from the UK but the system may well be similar.

Hi !

Thanks for you help. I went to the police station in France and talk to them about that. I made all the necessary paper so that someone of my family can vote for me if needed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.