Looking to Meet People in Chengdu

HomeForumsIn ChengduLooking to Meet People in Chengdu

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi! My name is Salva, I’m a Spanish guy living in Meishan for 3 months already, I’m looking to meet new people, I don’t speak chinese and here the people are really really nice but no one speaks english.

There are no foreigners and I can’t find anyone to talk, so I’m thinking to go to Chengdu some weekends.  This is a call for friends, I spent these 3 months almost alone and I am going crazy,:=)

Participant

And now I’m thinking I should have used the  personals section to this thread, ohhh my!!. Crazy already!!

Keymaster

Hi Salva,

Wow, so there’s a foreigner living in Meishan, huh? I assume you got a teaching job there over the internet?

Come to Chengdu, you’ll find it much easier to meet people here. There are a lot of Spanish people in Chengdu, I’ve met at least 4-5 new Spaniards in the last year here.

It might be a good idea to check the May Events thread to see what kind of things you can check out when you visit Chengdu. The event thread for the current month is always stickied at the top of the forum.

Good luck!

Participant

Mei Shan is not far from CD, maybe only 40 minutes through the highway. Come to CD and have fun! 🙂

Participant

got a teaching job there over the internet?

AKA Tricked into moving to Meishan 😉

Participant

Thanks to all! :=)

Yes I think I will go some weekend.

I got the job in the website echinacities. My english is not very good but enough to teach kids. If I could spend time learning chinese it would be easier to stay here because no one speak english, but becouse my english I have to check very well my pronunciation before each class, I have to keep studying english. In short, only two words in chinese and no one speak english in here.

Do you know which is a good area there in Chengdu to stay in a guesshouse?

If there is any backpackers area or something like that where you can go out and meet people

Participant

Hi, I am moving to Chengdu at this Saturday from Shenzhen and I would like to make some friends here.

Participant

Hi Flora, it would be very nice, I’m planning to go the weekends, if not this weekend the next one i will be over there.

There is other teacher here but he likes to be alone, we speak but not a lot, I really need to go out, listen to music, watch people around and speak.

Where do you come from?

Participant

Hi Salva, I am form Shenzhen. I am moving to Chengdu this weekend and I will live and looking for a job there. Welcome!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.