Hiring a Local Assistant

HomeForumsClassifiedsPersonalsHiring a Local Assistant

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi!

I’m a British PhD student just starting fieldwork in Sichuan province. I’m currently located in Chengdu, but I am planning to organise and conduct about six long interviews with families around the province. The interviews will be about the family over the last 30 years and its experiences particularly after the 2008 Wenchuan earthquake.

I do speak Mandarin (far from perfectly!) but I really have problems with the local dialects around these parts. So I am looking to hire an assistant who is familiar with Sichuanhua and English to help me communicate during these interviews. I am willing to pay travel fees and to negotiate a daily wage for the work.

If you, or someone you know, might be interested please contact me at: [email protected]

Or if you can think of a better place for me to advertise then let me know on this thread. I’m still new in Chengdu, so any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Alison 🙂

Keymaster

I think I know someone who can help you, I’ll send them a link to this thread.

Participant

Awesome! Thanks, Charlie 🙂

Participant

I know someone too. How long do you need help? Her name is Pippi Huang, she’s a local and currently studying medicine in New Zealand but is on an extended visit home here in Chengdu. I’ll give her your email.

I’ve also let a friend know about this, so she may well contact you Alison. She’s worked for me as an assistant previously, and whilst her English isn’t impeccable, she has good knowledge of Chengdu and is very resourceful.

Good luck finding someone.

Participant

Thanks so much guys! I’ve had three inquires now as a result of your help. I’ve emailed everyone back so that we can work out the most suitable solution.

Thanks again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Personals’ is closed to new topics and replies.