Home Grown weed in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHome Grown weed in Chengdu

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello all

I’m new to Chengdu, completly in love with the place so far.

I’m a casual pot smoker I like to smoke sometimes on the weekend or when playing chess with friends, I know that marijuana is illegal in China ( and so it is in my home country ).

I heard there was some pretty bad crackdown in some Beijin club a while ago, and even the son of Jacky chan has been arrested and made an exemple for this.

I’m hesitating growing a small plant just for my personnal need on my balcony, and smoke my stuff at home. Thats how what I used to do it in my home country and it was relatively safe, because of my low consomption I was able to grow some for 6month and then I had more than enougth for a full year !

However I’m having a fear that this crackdown on pot smoking foreigner might get worse. I’m not a party animal , club or ktv are not my thing, but still we all asked to do a “health check” when it’s time for visa reneal ect.

I’d like to hear you opinion on this , do you think it’s not worth the risk ? Do you think I’m paranoid ? Do you think my neigthbour could report me to the cops :p ?

Please share ! Thanks

Participant

The crackdown in Beijing was on Sanlitun and it wasn’t because of marijuana – it was because there is tons of coke floating around there. Trust me, I was there 2 weeks ago, and my friend bought some coke. 😛 Heard the stories.

Marijuana crackdown isn’t what you think it is – they wont raid homes because of some marijuana plant suspected of being grown on some foreigners window-cill, although I suppose it could happen, I don’t think that’s their priority. Drugs in China is mostly about commercial smugglers and shit – getting people who are smuggling drugs means something to the police..never heard about anyone getting hassled for a bit of loose weed. You do realize there is wild marijuana grown all over China – and people eat the seeds, ya? Man, in Panzhihua, years ago, found huge HUGE trees with mango-sized buds (one dried to 26g) and the locals let us rip it apart and stuff our shirts (which we used as temporary bags) with the buds for like 20 rmb.

Keymaster

It may be reckless to say that you’re safe, but put it this way: I have never heard of anyone in Chengdu getting arrested for marijuana before. In Beijing and Shanghai you would be accepting more risk, but I think you are very safe here. There seems to be little to no knowledge of marijuana as a drug in China – the authorities are rightly focused on truly dangerous drugs like crystal meth, heroin, etc. Those drugs are not uncommon in China.

I highly doubt that growing a small amount on your balcony will arouse any suspicion from locals.

Participant

I highly doubt that growing a small amount on your balcony will arouse any suspicion from locals.

We piped massive amounts of cat-piss-smelling burning chem out of a kitchen window some years ago (cough, cough), nobody said shit. Not my place, not a legitimately rented place, but none the less an occupied place in the middle of Tongzilin.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.