Home Theatre Recommendations

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHome Theatre Recommendations

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know a good place to go looking for a decent quality/brand home theatre/surround sound set up?

I’m looking for speakers and amp/receiver, either 2.1 configuration, or surround. I’ve checked out Suning at 3 locations and online, and they are absolutely hopeless, with little real choice.

Keymaster

It’s tough to get high quality at a good price here – you’re either paying 200 kuai for a cheap 2.1 all-in-one system or 6,000+ for 5.1 with DTS amp. You won’t find deals as good as you can get overseas on a 5.1 system in my experience. There’s a speaker street in Chengdu but I can’t recall the name of it as I haven’t been there in years, but there’s all kinds of cabinets and amps available there and they do custom stuff.

You can get a decent 2.1 setup from Computer City for around 500 yuan though, wood cabinets and maybe a 6-8″ sub.

Aside from Suning the other place which carries a wide selection of sound systems is Guomei.

Participant

Was considering buying these or their big brother a while back.

There should be loads of places on taobao worth looking at. This place also seems to deal in quality equipment

If those are legit B+W, that’s real good looking prices.

24hifi is a good find for anyone looking to customise, though I’m really just looking for something straight out of the box at this point.

Participant

I suggest ordering a YAMAHA 3D sound bar off Taobao. I have one of these:

http://usa.yamaha.com/product_archive/audio-visual/yas-71_black__u/?mode=model

It sounds great. It’s more than is needed to make your neighbors angry 😀 and the quality is definitely good. Now, they have a bunch of different newer models without the sub – I’ve compared some at the start of Oct but don’t remember exactly which ones I was looking at, I suggest going through the product list here:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/hometheater-systems/digital-sound-projector/

then just searching the models available via TaoBao and their pricing. Just remember to look at how many people have commented/bought the product to make sure that you’re not going to end up with something fake etc…I’ve never had a problem with high rated/purchased products & sellers at all, just have to be cautious I suppose.

That’s bizarre, I’ve literally just closed the Yamaha page after looking at the sound bar myself, looked on here, and seen your post to the same effect!

I’ve owned a decent Yamaha 5.1 before, and it was a great set up. Definitely on the short list.

Participant

It’s a sign!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.