Hong Kong Visa Run in 2 Business Days?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHong Kong Visa Run in 2 Business Days?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I need to get to Hong Kong for switching my visa to a Z visa.  If I arrive on a Thursday morning 1 hour before opening, how much of a gamble am I taking that it will all go smoothly and I will get the visa back on Friday afternoon?  I am thinking about leaving Dec. 25 in the evening, so getting in that line on Thursday, Dec. 26.  Is it usually the case that the expedited visa requests go smoothly in a 2-day timeframe?

Thanks for your thoughts and sharing stories!

Jane

Participant

Have you checked their seasonal opening hours? They might be closed for boxing day (the day after Christmas day).

Participant

If youre lining up at the Chinese consulate lines can be horrendous. I got there at 7 AM last year and there were already 150-200 people there. Be prepared for a stressful experience!
    BTW: I need to do this in a couple of weeks so Im interested to see how it goes. Good luck!

Participant

Visa processing times may change also.

My work visa in Chengdu took 2 weeks, just got it back Friday.

Participant

Alan, good call on the December 26 holiday! Indeed, sigh, I will be looking for other cheap days to fly that still work within my timeframe.

Keymaster

It might also depend on what kind of visa you’re applying for – some can be quicker than others. Under normal circumstances I think 2 business days should be plenty.

Participant

Hong Kong Public Holidays

I made a visa applications guide for a training school in Chengdu.  PM me and I will send it to you.

Participant

I just did the Hong Kong Run, most everyone who applied was denied expedited service, which could get you a visa same day or next day. I applied Tuesday morning early and the quickest was Thursday afternoon. I think that’s as quick as it gets; I am American.

Keymaster

I just did the Hong Kong Run, most everyone who applied was denied expedited service, which could get you a visa same day or next day.

That’s weird, I wonder why they would do that. Where did you collect that info from – a visa agency, government office, somewhere else?

Participant

since July 2013, the immigration rules as change and also the processing ,  same day service speed are  not allowed at any Chinese consulate , unless you can prove you are a resident in a country you apply for  (HK) , if you only tourist visa you would get 3-4 days processing no less, also medical check are not required any more when apply for visa z , the medical it’s down only one time in china when transact to Resident permit and work permit, original Paper are not longer  requested , they take Copy only when apply, some Embassy request to fly back home for Z HK still ok so far to apply for Z all the Best .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.