Cheap Hotels in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduCheap Hotels in Chengdu?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve only been in Tong’anzhen for about 10 days and am already bored! I can bike around town in less than an hour, and I have yet to see another foreigner. The principal took me and a few others for dinner at Shangri-la the other night, and Chengdu looks like a blast. I’m the type that likes to throw a few drinks back and have a good time, and I’d rather not take my chances finding a ride back to tiny-town after a night out (unless someone can point me to some decent cabs).

One of the former teachers tells me that rooms can be had in Chengdu for like 8 RMB a night, is that pretty common? Do I need to bring my passport or can I just show up and check in? Cash ok? I’m thinking of checking out the rugby event and maybe the Halloween party if I can come up with a costume…

Participant

8 or 80? Some cool hostels have dorms for about 20, such as Loft or Lazy Bones. As for hotels, Traffic Hotel is convenient and cheap and just across the river from Dave’s, which is great for meeting people and drinking. The cafe/bar at the Loft can also be surprisingly lively on the right night

Participant

Sorry, 80. Thanks for the suggestions…as long as I’ve got a room to myself and it’s not a total dump I’ll be fine.

Participant

In the past we have put up some workers in the Super 8 hotel in the Soho building on Ke Hua Bei Lu.It’s clean but slightly basic.

I think it’s slightly more expensive at just under 100RMB per night. It is perfectly located and walking distance to most bars you would want to visit and also a few nice ones within the building itself.

If cost is the ultimate criteria though then I would recommend one of the hostels Ray mentioned.

Keymaster

8 or 80? Some cool hostels have dorms for about 20, such as Loft or Lazy Bones. As for hotels, Traffic Hotel is convenient and cheap and just across the river from Dave’s, which is great for meeting people and drinking. The cafe/bar at the Loft can also be surprisingly lively on the right night

The cost of Traffic Hotel has gone way up since they have a guaranteed stream of customers after being listed in Lonely Planet.

I would check out Hakka Homes. Pretty cheap and outstanding location.

Participant

You could always stay at Charlie’s place.  I hear he has a spare bedroom.

But seriously.  The above listed options are fine.  I’d also recommend utilizing Couchsurfing.  There’s a good community here and you, with a bit of foresight could sort out a free place to crash + new friends.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.