How to Get to JiuZhaiGou?

HomeForumsIn ChengduHow to Get to JiuZhaiGou?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Does anyone have any experience going to Jiu Zhai Gou? What’s the best way to get there from Chengdu and back if I only want to spend 2 days there? Any recommended tour groups for English only speakers?

Participant

I went there once, by bus from Xinnanmen tourist bus station. I think the bus should take something like 6-9 hours. There are two different routes. Both take roughly the same amount of time. One of them goes over mountains. That one had very nice scenery.

It’s really easy to get around there. There’s shuttle buses in the park that take you between the scenic spots. You can also go for a hike around the area. Walking around the whole area takes a day I think. Or maybe two.

Participant

~1400 round trip chengdu<>jiuzhai friday afternoon or evening and sunday evening return – save the time imo, <1hr flight vs. whole day on a bus..

thanks for the replies. How far is it from the airport?

If by bus, does the bus go straight to the park?

Participant

Yea, if you wanna be there 2 days then you’ll need 4 days if going by bus. Seems like there’s only buses going daytime.

Participant

If by bus, does the bus go straight to the park?

Yea, the bus will take you to the area where the park is at. There are many hotels around there.

Participant

I spent 3 days there & flew. I had booked an early flight, but departed late due to fog or something – apparently that’s common (I think on the Jiuzhaigou side). At the airport, I found a driver to take me to Huanglong which only took a few hours to walk around & is closer to the airport.

I had planned to spend two days in the park at Jiuzhaigou but the driver convinced me to go to the grasslands to go horse riding. So, I spent 1 whole day in Jiuzhaigou park, using the bus to cut down on the time. It was too rushed though, longer is needed. I loved the grasslands, so didn’t mind so much rushing Jiuzhaigou. I do recommend Huanglong, if you can fit it in. I don’t think you would need to go in a tour group at any point, it’s beautiful nature – I went by myself & loved it – very peaceful!

I found some of my research on buses, taxis, prices & distances if it’s helpful.

• Taxi from airport to Jiuzhaigou – 88 kms – 1.5 hours – 200 rmb
    • Airport shuttle to Jiuzhaigou = 45 rmb
    • Bus from Huanglong to Jiuzhaigou = 100 rmb
    • Taxi from airport to Huanglong – 43 kms – 1 hr = 100 rmb
    • Bus from Jiuzhaigou to Huanglong – 3 hrs

• Huanglong tickets = 200 RMB
    • Huanglong cable car = 80 RMB 1 way + 40 RMB down
    • Takes 4 hours approx
    • Jiuzhaigou tickets = 220 RMB
    • Jiuzhaigoup park bus 1 day = 80 RMB
    • Tibetan Cultural Show – 120-320 RMB

hostel recommendations for non Chinese speakers?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.