How to Keep Your Green Tea Fresh

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHow to Keep Your Green Tea Fresh

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by Avatar photoHao.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just a few tips since I know there are many green tea drinkers on here…

Green tea has rich nutritional substances in it, and it is known for high level of antioxidants. To prevent the oxidation of antioxidant and quality changes in colour,mouthfeel, fragrance, it is important to keep the tea properly. There are so many professional methods to maintain the tea’s freshness and quality, but it is hard to achieve it in family. I just like to describe very basic things for green tea storing.:)   I feel like I am writing this essay as homework:)

Basically, keeping your tea in cool, clean place, with absence of any other smells. ( green  tea can absorb the odour or smell effectively.  )

In summer, due to high temperature, I would like to suggest to divide the tea into small parts, and pack the parts separately using food bags, seal the bag tightly (wrap tightly or further pack) , then store in refrigerator( clean, cooler, odourless chamber). When you need the tea, pick one part, and enjoy it.

packing the tea tightly and prevention from direct sunshine,  moisture are the keys to maintaining the quality of green tea.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.