How to renew a passport in Chengdu

HomeForumsIn ChengduHow to renew a passport in Chengdu

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey everybody I am trying to renew my passport here in Chengdu and I am not sure how to go about doing that. I am from America by the way if that makes any kind of difference. I heard that it was possible to do through the American Embassy Consulate here. Does anyone have a more concrete idea of how that is actually accomplished? Any information you have would be extremely helpful. Thank you!

Keymaster

Yes, definitely possible. Just go to the American Consulate during hours that they are open for consular services (they have hours listed in their website) and you can find all the information you need inside. It’s not too difficult.

Participant

Very coincidentally I was wondering the same thing, except I’m British.

After Googling, it seems I’m going to have to go to Chongqing, but I’d love it if someone here more knowledgeable could prove me wrong?

Participant

is this a joke?

Participant

is this a joke?

Why would it be?

Participant

I just renewed my British passport last October.

Yes, you do have to go to the British Consulate in Chongqing in person, once to submit your application and once to collect your new passport, but you get to keep your old passport for identification purposes only (no international travel) until the new one is ready.

You can download the application forms and instructions from gov.uk. You will need to book an appointment by email to submit your application, but collection does not require an appointment. In my case, it took 3 weeks between submitting the application and receiving the email saying that it was ready for collection.

The single biggest pain (apart from having to travel to CQ twice to do this) was finding a photography studio willing to shoot the passport photo to the required specifications (light grey backdrop and specific dimensions for your face in the photo).

One other thing, collect your new passport as soon as they tell you it’s ready and submit it to the Chinese authorities for them to update your labour permit/FEC/visa/residence permit ASAP, as there is a time limit on this before they starting fining you; I found this out the hard way since my passport was ready just before the October holiday, but I couldn’t pick it up until 2 weeks later.

Participant

“Hey everybody I am trying to renew my passport here in Chengdu and I am not sure how to go about doing that. I am from America by the way if that makes any kind of difference.”

No, in fact. There is a world government now, which will renew any passport which belongs to the NWO (they will not add pages, however). It’s a big prison-like structure on NijiaQiao. Don’t take pictures and don’t walk on the sidewalk that was paid for by local taxes (also, don’t try to project images on the consulate wall, because that was against the law last time we checked). The NWO are big time fascists, so be sure to bring ten copies of every document you’ve ever owned. And also be prepared to press a red button which murders via drone any random family in Syria or Pakistan, etc.

“Very coincidentally I was wondering the same thing, except I’m British.”  [The idiocy continues]

British are heathens, so therefore they have to go to a special “British” consulate. It happens to be in Chonqging above a shopping mall. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.