HSK info, test dates, location

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionHSK info, test dates, location

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

Does anyone know of the next HSK test date? The websites I have come across are out of date.

Participant

New or old? What level are you taking?

If you want to take the old test, which they still offer in a few locations around the country, Korea and Japan for some reason, you’re too late for this year.

The New HSK gets given a lot more and

http://www.chinesetesting.cn/gonewcontent.do?id=3174072 has a complete list of test dates and http://www.chinesetesting.cn/gokdinfo.do has a list of test sites which looks really annoying to look through as you can’t search by city or province and have to look at every damn place in China. I know Sichuan Daxue gives the test, so you could probably go to their office and ask as well.

Keymaster

Anyone taking the HSK soon? I’m down to sign up and take it. I haven’t prepared anything, but I’ve been wanting to take the HSK for years just to see what it’s like.

Participant

The new test is much better than the old one. It actually tests useful Chinese as opposed to the old one that tested Chinese for crazy people and you had to study specifically for the test if you wanted any hope at the higher levels. Even native, college-educated speakers had issues with it.

The new test I feel that, while knowing what’s on it helps, someone really good Chinese could still do well going in blind.

Warning: You have to handwrite a lot on 4 and above.

I’m taking the new HSK tomorrow (level 4) 😉 We’ll see how it goes but I didn’t do too bad on the mock online tests the Confucius Institute provides so hopefully, that’s a good sign.

Wrote about how to do these online tests if you’re interested: Step by step walkthrough

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I’m taking the new HSK tomorrow (level 4) 😉 We’ll see how it goes but I didn’t do too bad on the mock online tests the Confucius Institute provides so hopefully, that’s a good sign.

How was it? I’m interested in taking HSK 4 also, been studying HSK 4 vocabulary for what feels like years.

Quote:
    Wrote about how to do these online tests if you’re interested: Step by step walkthrough

I’ve never taken a mock HSK test, but this blog post is a great introduction. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.