I miss Emei Mountain

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionI miss Emei Mountain

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Participant

i have been in Emei mountain when i was in primary school, that was 14 years ago, recently i am dying for a trip, i want to go to e mei again. If anyone wants to go there together, i hope we can cycle from chengdu to Emei.

Keymaster

How long does it take to cycle from Chengdu to Emei Shan? A few hours?

Participant

it’s about 150 km from chengdu to emei, so maybe it will take 2 days to get there.

Participant

2 days? maybe on a single speed kid’s bike. if you are reasonably fit you should be able to do 150 in 6-8 hrs. my 62 year old boss (female) rides 600 km in less than 20 hours. although she’s a pro there is no reason why you can’t get to emei in a day trip, spend a few days hiking then bike home. i’d be down to ride in the fall when there are less tourists and cooler weather.

Participant

aiya,of course i can finish it in one day, hahaha, but we are not in gym after all, just in case taking pictures on the road, eating in small towns for too long, so i think it’s safe to plan the cycling to a 2 days journey.

actually go to email in summer is better, it’s cool on the mountain in summer, when in fall, it’s become cold. when it’s cold, you can’t wading in the streams, lol

Keymaster

I’d definitely be down to do that. Need to get a bike first, though. I’ve been considering getting a fixed gear bike since I found a shop that sells them in Chengdu.

Participant

Fixies would be a bit dangerous in this traffic. But yeah I’ve seen some trendy jiu-ling -hou on some fluorescent colored fixed-gears. how much do they go for?

Participant

a bycycle is not a problem. i can rent one, what i concern about is do i have to wear cycling tights? i don’t like wearing tights.

Keymaster

Yeah, tights are a must

Participant

You’ll love padded bike shorts, they feel like diapers and keep your ass from getting sore.

However, real men wear tights.

Participant

ok then, i will go searching one padded bike shorts on taobao now 😛 when do we get off? i need to apply annual leave in advance. hope my application will be approved smoothly

Keymaster

Weekend would be the only time I can take off for two days. Steven, where are you thinking about renting from? I’m down to go any weekend pretty much, after the upcoming weekend. I think I can get at least 1-2 people to join also.

I’d be up for this as a long weekend venture. Charlie & I will be investigating bike stores in Chengdu this week, so I guess we’ll post our findings here afterward.

I like the idea of doing this on a fixed gear, though I’m not sure how comfortable that’s going to be over 150km!

Participant

there are so many stores renting bicycle in chengdu, just google 成都 租 山地车, there will be a lot of website come out.

Charlie you only spend 2 days for this emei trip? one day go, one day back, we have no time stay on the mountain, lol.

Hzwerks, it should be 300km(round way)+ hiking. you are right, the distance is too long, if it’s raining(the huge one), we’ll be dead, maybe i need to reconsider it

‘we’ll be dead’…

I like extremes, let’s give it a go!

😉

Participant

My mum will scold me if i cycling in floods, LMAO, but i’m still down to give it a go. When do we go?

Participant

i once biked 80km in one day with a 45lb sack on a broken fixed gear. through Laos to the border with China at Mengla. Sold the bike for a bus ticket to Jinghong. Off topic but i wanted to let everyone know that i’m a badass too.

On investigation, sod doing this on a standard fixie! It would be fookin’ murderous!!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.