Indian Restaurants in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionIndian Restaurants in Chengdu

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Who wants indian food this week??? I’m craving for some… any suggestions?

Keymaster

There are 3 places in the south, one on Renmin Nanlu just north of Grandma’s Kitchen, one across the street from The Bookworm, and another on the north side of the Soho building in the consulate road.

I absolutely LOVE Indian food. I’d be down.

dudes and dudettes anyone else downnnnnn

also, anyone have a good recommendation price to satisfaction ratio~

Participant

I like Cacaja. Here it is on a map.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    dudes and dudettes anyone else downnnnnn

also, anyone have a good recommendation price to satisfaction ratio~

I’m down but would prefer to go to the one across from The Bookworm, that’s the only one I haven’t been to. It’s supposed to be good, also. I saw Dana and Danny from the Lazy Pug heading in there the other day and if they’re going it’s gotta be good…

Participant
    Quote:
    I’m down but would prefer to go to the one across from The Bookworm, that’s the only one I haven’t been to. It’s supposed to be good, also. I saw Dana and Danny from the Lazy Pug heading in there the other day and if they’re going it’s gotta be good…

Think that place is called the tandoor. It’s easily the best Indian I’ve had in Chengdu but it’s pricy and portions are small.

I love Indian food, just cooked a jalfrezi tonight.

I normally buy spice packs from here. Running low on stocks so planning to get some more soon. I can order some extra if anybody wants.

Participant

I’d go for Cacaja by the river. The one at Soho uses the same name but i’ve found their stuff to be kinda ordinary. Tandoor, next to Bookworm is the best, but as has been mentioned,is $$$$$

Participant

According to Google, it’s called Yafeila – Namashidi. Ate there with an Indian medical student who said it doesn’t taste like Indian food in India. Their cooks are all Chinese. When she applied for a job there as a cook, they didn’t want her because her cooking would be too Indian! But as I’m not Indian, I couldn’t tell the difference. I think she said the food was more spiced with black pepper than she’s used to. That being said, the decor was nice, service was fine and food was pretty good.

I agree with Ray, Cacaja is better deal and food is good. Just don’t get the lamb kedai.

Participant

I third Cacaja, I thought the food was pretty good, prices OK and the service fine. Bonus for nice decor and cold Kingfishers.

Participant

count me in

Alright let’s all go to Cacaja sometime this week. Is Thursday ok?

Participant

Tandoor all the way! Indian food outside of India is usually a bit expensive and, of course, never as good. All the ingredients are imported and they have a decent size menu. They are also never out of anything. The service is also pretty good.

The only thing I would advise against is the mango lassi. Actually better at Peter’s Tex Mex! Haha… You can stuff your face and your stomach will fell full NOT sick! Think twice about cheap Indian (or any food food for that matter!) food here. Lots of cream, unique spices and yogurt used in Indian food. We know first hand the costs of quality and that usually means imported!

Hummm…Aloo Gobi, Navratan Korma, Malai Kofta….

Quote:
    Alright let’s all go to Cacaja sometime this week. Is Thursday ok?

broke until friday (payday) D:

Participant

namaste = nasty

cacaja by the river is decent, just dont eat outside in the summer unless you like to breathe exhaust.

i would like to check out tandoor sometime on payday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.