A Few Chengdu Internet Questions

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionA Few Chengdu Internet Questions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

hi guys landing tomorrow in chengdu, so m new in town, have a concern about internet,

how long it take to have internet at home? do the service is fast from the date we apply or do he take time a fews week’s. ? witch one are the best provider and rate for unlimited, also can we have in chengdu a usb pre paid broadband ? do in chendgu its easy to fine Wifi born at any mall or bar etc thank for your lead .

Cheers .

Participant

Hello friend, if check out the forum you can see many discussion opend, anyway here my thinking:

– for have internet at home, you need 1 day if you call in the morning,
    you can have the connection for the end of the day

– if your area is covered, use China Telecom ADSL

– usually every China mobile shop can provide you the USB internet key

– find WiFe hot spot it’s really easy, fast is another point

Keymaster

I think you can get it working within a day or so. It shouldn’t take long, but the only way to be sure is to actually go to the office (China Telecom or Unicom, find out which is in your building) and ask.

usually every China mobile shop can provide you the USB internet key

China unicom is better. You can get 20GB (17GB sichuan + 3GB national) of traffic valid 1 year for 480RMB:

http://mall.10010.com/goodsdetail/811308228231.html

Combine this with a HSPA+ usb wifi dongle:

http://item.jd.com/873680.html

I use this setup to create a wifi access point in the car, mainly to use google maps, spotify, streaming radio, etc.:

Participant

Depends a bit where you live, when we came here in 2009 we had internet 20 minutes after we called 🙂 .

Daniel

Participant

Once Again Thank, I just Get the Internet today Very Quick ^_^ This forums are very useful Thumps up to the Administrator ,  Thank for all of your comments.^))^

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.