iPad 3 Repair Cost

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussioniPad 3 Repair Cost

• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoRay.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys,

A guest in my guesthouse broken her iPad 3 screen, bought in HK in the beginning of this month. This person a few minutes ago in Apple center of JinJiang district paid around 2300rmb…

I THINK IT’S CRAZY AND THEFT!!!

I want help this people but i don’t know too much about Apple world… but i think this service is free! right?

I don’t like liars and thieves, really…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    A guest in my guesthouse broken her iPad 3 screen, bought in HK in the beginning of this month. This person a few minutes ago in Apple center of JinJiang district paid around 2300rmb…

2,300 to replace an iPad 3 screen? That seems high to me. According to this site, the display should cost about $100 on its own, but that’s the price that Apple gets it at. Still, 2,300 seems really high.

Apple products are the Mercedes Benz of the electronics world. You pay a premium for luxury goods and you pay a premium on those repairs as well.

At that price they should have just bought a brand new one.

You’re guaranteed to be able to find someone in Chengdu who can probably repair it at a fraction of that price. Official Apple stores have always been a rip for repairs and upgrades.

Participant

Ok, I think the difference is type of guarantee that you can buy with product… maybe in pc center is half price for repair this but quality is different…

Really thx, i give these news to my guest

Participant

Ipad 3 in HK starts from about HK$4,000 (Yuan 3,200) and warranty is very limited. It does costs a fortune for parts or damages… If your guest bought it from HK, he/she probably knows and that’s why willing to pay the price.

Participant

This is pretty much why you should buy AppleCare if you ever buy any fruit computers or devices. The normal warranty is really lacking, whereas the applecare one is quite good. On an iPad it includes free repairs for this kind of thing, worldwide. It’s pricy, but if you’re already paying a premium for an iThing you could probably swing the extra hundred bucks.

Participant

So how would you guys go about fixing a broken smartphone screen? Just head over to 3rd floor of Computer city and randomly start talking to technicians about the problem?

Friend of mine dropped her Samsung Note II and the shop where she bought it is asking 1800RMB for a screen repair which I think is way overpriced.

Thoughts/ideas?

Participant

I think I paid about 600 to repair my iphone screen. If you go to the 3rd floor of computer city they’ll probably send it to another shop close by. Most of the technical repairs are done by shops from the 6th floor upwards (you need to take the side entrance where the elevators are)

Participant

I would look online for <brand name> 维修 place first. I would expect to pay a lot for any original brand (原装) parts and 20-50% of that cost for a generic replacement. For a phone, I would look for places near Taisheng Nan Lu rather than computer street.

Would also pick somewhere where I can see the technicians working and can see they have a clue what they are doing. If they have dirty or badly lit workstations covered with piles of dusty circuit boards, or if it is a screen problem and they say they have to take the phone/computer apart to see what kind of part they need, I would leave.

Keymaster

I got my iPhone 4 repaired last week on the 5th floor of A世界 which is across the street from the main computer city building. Prices were cheap, I paid 100 yuan to fix the proximity sensor. Fixing broken screens should be in the 250-350 range for an iPhone 4 or 4S. On that floor there are two shops specifically for repairing Apple products, they’re easy to find by the white illuminated signs with the Apple logo that say 维修.

I actually have a phone number for the place that I went: 028-85028405 and cell phone: 13438936901

Taobao: http://cdym.taobao.com

Participant

I went last week to replace an Iphone 4s screen, it cost 350RMB.

It really a crazy action, 2300RMB is too expensive to repair the iPad 3! Now there are a lot of cell phone repair website, which price is lower…

Participant

Chinese friend called the shop Charlie mentioned for the price fixing a broken Note II screen. 1500RMB. Sick.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Chinese friend called the shop Charlie mentioned for the price fixing a broken Note II screen. 1500RMB. Sick.

The place I mentioned is specifically an Apple repair shop – they fix iPhones and iPads all day, not Android devices. The price they quoted your friend could be for them to make a small cut off an outsourced repair.

I know of a place in Chongqing that’s currently quoting 450 RMB for screen repair on an iPad 2, which I assume doesn’t differ too much from the price for a 3. Low quote in Chengdu was 800.

Participant

@Charlie: Brendan and I hit that place you mentioned on the 5th floor. The first one as you exit the lift couldnt or wouldnt fix my Ipod but the 2nd guy was cool. Brendan had his Iphone pimped out and super-charged. But man, opening an Ipod is tough! Two-day job for that. Price seems reasonable too (100 big ones)…good call…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.