iPhone App for Chengdu movie theatres?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussioniPhone App for Chengdu movie theatres?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

After wasting time driving, parking, and finding out no movies we wanted to see were playing at the theatre – I figured there had to be an app that could prevent this from happening again.

I tried to search app store in both English/Chinese for something suitable but didn’t find anything. Does anyone know an app (Chinese is OK) which can be used to find movie times for shows playing in Chengdu?

Keymaster

This would be great to have. I hope someone has info on this.

Checking movie times is a real pain because you have to navigate broken websites like this one for Bailian Tianfu at Kehua Bei Lu: SFG Chengdu

Keymaster

This would be great to have. I hope someone has info on this.

Checking movie times is a real pain because you have to navigate broken websites like this one for Bailian Tianfu at Kehua Bei Lu: SFG Chengdu

I believe many locals still call the theaters for info and movie times.

Keymaster
    Quote:

What a shame. That is so time consuming. If this doesn’t exist, I hope some Chinese entrepreneur gets on it.

I will ask around about this.

Keymaster
    Quote:

What a shame. That is so time consuming. If this doesn’t exist, I hope some Chinese entrepreneur gets on it.

I will ask around about this.

Participant

Search mtime on the App Store.

http://goo.gl/UC9SO

Participant

Search mtime on the App Store.

http://goo.gl/UC9SO

Keymaster

That is indeed the app: mTime on the iPhone App Store

Link from mTime.com

mtime.jpg

Keymaster

That is indeed the app: mTime on the iPhone App Store

Link from mTime.com

mtime.jpg

Participant

Going to movies to night. Downloading mTime now. Thanks much guys 😀 I’ll let you know how well it works out in practice!!

Participant

Going to movies to night. Downloading mTime now. Thanks much guys 😀 I’ll let you know how well it works out in practice!!

Participant

The application name is:

全国电影放映时间

(edit: just realize charlie’s link shows the name. Pay attention to it tho, or you’ll end up trying to sort out which to get like I did :D)

The reason this is important is searching “mTime” reveals 3 apps from the same company without an English description of what they’re for. Get the one with the Chinese name above (comes 2nd in order in my ‘mtime’ search on Canadian store) and I started a discussion with several people to sort out which was right for me. If you want movies from a specific theatre and their play times etc, this is it. 😀

Participant

The application name is:

全国电影放映时间

(edit: just realize charlie’s link shows the name. Pay attention to it tho, or you’ll end up trying to sort out which to get like I did :D)

The reason this is important is searching “mTime” reveals 3 apps from the same company without an English description of what they’re for. Get the one with the Chinese name above (comes 2nd in order in my ‘mtime’ search on Canadian store) and I started a discussion with several people to sort out which was right for me. If you want movies from a specific theatre and their play times etc, this is it. 😀

I usually go to the cinema at Wanda Plaza on the Second Ring Road (万达电影城锦华店). It recently added an IMAX screen. You can book tickets on-line for a discount at wandafilm.com. The website is pretty good. I’ve used an android handset to book tickets without issue.

I usually go to the cinema at Wanda Plaza on the Second Ring Road (万达电影城锦华店). It recently added an IMAX screen. You can book tickets on-line for a discount at wandafilm.com. The website is pretty good. I’ve used an android handset to book tickets without issue.

Participant

Hey Ben,

You can book tickets online via mTime as well – they have some kinda charge you can put into their system and book via web. I don’t know if that works via the iPhone app version or not, because I don’t plan on trying it 😀 I like the buy-card-stacked-with-cash model and get whatever..50% discount on tickets for the lifetime of the card. Most theatres have those kinda cards available.

You live down closer to the Galleria theatre ya? I haven’t been but my friend went, said it’s by far the nicest/newest theatre in Chengdu, may want to check it out – also nearby, and they do offer those discount cards I mentioned above.

Participant

Hey Ben,

You can book tickets online via mTime as well – they have some kinda charge you can put into their system and book via web. I don’t know if that works via the iPhone app version or not, because I don’t plan on trying it 😀 I like the buy-card-stacked-with-cash model and get whatever..50% discount on tickets for the lifetime of the card. Most theatres have those kinda cards available.

You live down closer to the Galleria theatre ya? I haven’t been but my friend went, said it’s by far the nicest/newest theatre in Chengdu, may want to check it out – also nearby, and they do offer those discount cards I mentioned above.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.