iPhone Unlock??

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussioniPhone Unlock??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

where is the most dependable place to have an iphone unlocked?

rolandinchina is my twitter id

Keymaster

At least one person that I know reads this has gotten an iPhone unlocked in Chengdu at 数码广场. I’ll refer him here-

Participant

You can get it unlocked at 数码广场, aka computer city, on the northeast corner of the intersection of RenMin NanLu and First ring road. The shop that I went to is on the first floor, in the corner- it is an apple brand shop- but there are places throughout the complex that should be able to help you out. You will probably have to pay around 100 kuai, though you may be able to get it cheaper if you are a canny bargainer. If you are a DIY type, you can also download various programs online – many are free- and use them to unlock your device. These include QuickPwn, RedSnow, and a bunch of others. The only potential difficulty is that you have to have the right program for the operating system of your iphone, and there are various versions.

thanks for the info Charlie and eli

I just got a new 3rd generation itouch, will i be able to unlock it in Chengdu? I hear there is no software for unlocking the newest generation itouch yet.

any one know where to unlock a 3gs mc 3.1.4 I phone

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I just got a new 3rd generation itouch, will i be able to unlock it in Chengdu? I hear there is no software for unlocking the newest generation itouch yet.

I’m pretty sure you can unlock that! See if this guide doesn’t help: http://tinyurl.com/yfou5oo

I had a second-gen iPod Touch jailbroken with redsn0w, it was a pretty straight forward process that took about a half an hour. Learning how everything works with Cydia takes a bit of time, but it’s not too bad. The biggest problem for me was that when I jailbroke my Touch it became unstable and programs would frequently crash. Give it a shot and see if your mileage doesn’t vary, though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.