Anyone Who Speaks British English? Trying to Learn!

HomeForumsIn ChengduAnyone Who Speaks British English? Trying to Learn!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

im gonna have an exam called IELTS, and im more famialiar  to American accent…so im kinda having problems doing the listening part….so ….if anyone who knows better British accent….please help me…lol

thank you .

Participant

Use British English listening resources.  BBC programs, broadcasts, podcasts, etc.  There’s also a number of ESL learning resources for free online.  Good place to start is with the British Council.

Good good study, day day up.

Participant

Pip pip, cheerio. Ello ello, what’s all this then? What do you need? Conversation? As far as written language goes, there’s naught to know. Alternatively, you can look up BBC shows on tudou. Sherlock is awesome and uses quite proper English.

Participant

@ klink:  thank u for your advise…but i tried to follow the BBC…its kinda fast for me …id rather fined someone who can teach me a bit in real…like how they prononce the “o” to “ou”..its more impressive…thank u anyway …

Participant

haha ..yeah..actually i am watching sherlock…its quite a show…but the way how sherlock speaks was way fast…i cant follow…–….anyway i think conversation would work the most….but ill look up to the BBC too…thank u .

Participant

I allegedly speak English but it’s more Scottish lol

Participant

@alan: well..thats kinda a branch right? ,,,i hope that helps too..can u leave me a contact so i can talk and listen face to face sometime?…

that will be so nice of you

thank you .

Keymaster

It might be good to check out at places like The Leg & Whistle and The Underground Bar in Chengdu where a lot of British people probably gather. TV and movies are great as already suggested, too.

Participant

@ charlie  lol….thank you …ill have a try…never went to those bar though.

Participant

Hi Emma,

Lots of British over at http://www.languageclan.com who I am sure would be willing to help.

I know one tutor in particular who has lots of experience preparing students for the IELTS test with great results.  Find his profile and contact him here: http://languageclan.com/en/user/329

Hope it helps!

Robert

Participant

Hi Emma, Lots of British over at http://www.languageclan.com who I am sure would be willing to help. I know one tutor in particular who has lots of experience preparing students for the IELTS test with great results. Find his profile and contact him here: http://languageclan.com/en/user/329 Hope it helps! Robert

thank You

Participant

Is it the new ‘gay’ version of Sherlock, by that…er..horse face lead actor?

Participant

Well I’m speaking BE but you do not need to learn how to speak BE actully if you’ve good on AE listening and speaking. I’ve seen some students who got 6.5 in speaking with American accent , and all you need is just good topic preparations. But I’d like to help you if you need. Good luck!

Participant

Is it the new ‘gay’ version of Sherlock, by that…er..horse face lead actor?

well..u name it …lol….yes …thats preety much of him..

Participant

Well I’m speaking BE but you do not need to learn how to speak BE actully if you’ve good on AE listening and speaking. I’ve seen some students who got 6.5 in speaking with American accent , and all you need is just good topic preparations. But I’d like to help you if you need. Good luck!

thats lovely to hear…well..heres my wechat id. can u add me: emmacl1989

thank u so much

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.