Chengdu’s 1st Startup Weekend: June 20-22

HomeForumsIn ChengduChengdu’s 1st Startup Weekend: June 20-22

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Chengdu’s Startup Weekend is a new nonprofit organization in Chengdu (and part of a global nonprofit Startup Weekend organization). We are helping to build global entrepreneurship by empowering entrepreneurs, supporting local startups and launching successful ventures.

Startup Weekends are 54-hour events where developers, designers, marketers, product managers and startup enthusiasts come together to share ideas, form teams, build products and launch startups. It is weekend-long, hands-on experiences where entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs can find out if startup ideas are viable.

Cost for this Startup Weekend: around RMB 200 (exact price to be announced soon). Your ticket covers food & beverages, workshops and access to resources from our sponsor(s).

All information: http://chengdu.startupweekend.org/

We are looking for sponsors and donations (cash, products, services and media), check http://chengdu.startupweekend.org/sponsor/

If you’ve ever dreamed of building a company, now is the time to put it into action!

1st Chengdu Startup Weekend

Keymaster

Any idea of how many people will be participating in this? I know it depends on how many people sign up, but is there an estimate? I’m asking because I’m debating whether or not to ask a friend or two to sign up and join me or just take the chance of trying to find suitable collaborators there.

Participant

Hi Charlie,

For the 1st edition, we target about 50 – 70 participants (5 inscribed at the moment). We only shared basic information so far, though seems like the community embraces this new hands-on experience were entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs can find out if startup ideas are viable.

The majority of possible of partners (5 Star hotels, serviced apartments, Western restaurants, media, etc) we contacted, are very willing to cooperate.

Kindly & let me know if you need any more information. All thoughts welcome!
    Dieter.

Participant

Charlie et al,

As an additional update, we are targeting at least 50-75, but we are allowing up to 100 participants for the event (we hours ago just confirmed additional workspace when 天府新谷 Thinkzone just officially signed on as a sponsor).

These 100 spots are limited by category of participant to ensure there’s a good mix of people and talents:

• At most ~33 Developers/Programmers
    • At most ~ 34 Business/Marketing people
    • At most ~33 Designers

As with most Startup Weekends, the Business/Marketing tickets are selling the fastest and over half are now sold. So, if you want to register as Business/Marketing… register and pay ASAP. Altogether, we have registered just under 40 last time I looked.

Generally speaking, Startup Weekends are really awesome events for meeting and connecting with new people from different industry and with varied skill-sets. I’d encourage you to invite your friends… and if you all end up working together or on separate teams, it’ll be a good time!

See you at Startup Weekend Chengdu!

Bruce

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.