Just Moved to Chengdu, Looking to Meet People

HomeForumsClassifiedsPersonalsJust Moved to Chengdu, Looking to Meet People

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

My name is David, I’m 26, and I’ve just moved over this week to Chengdu from Glasgow, Scotland. I’m work for a company for at least the next 6 months, and I’m living beside Shenxianshu Park. I’m the only expat at my work, so it would be great to meet other expats for a beer and to check out the city. If this sounds good, let me know!

Cheers,

David

Participant

Rangers or Celtic?

Participant

Answer wisely or you run the risk of being shunned, indefinitely, by any and all foreigners for the duration of your stay.

Seriously though, depending on what you’re into it’s quite easy to find something that fits your style here.  January’s been a bit slow but check in from time to time for events listings.

You’ve got pub trivia nights, an array of killer local DJs and venues, an assortment of cafes and restaurants, art galleries and quite possibly the sweetest bike shop ever known to man (yours truly’s) that does regular rides and races.

Also don’t forget to soak yourself in Sichuan.  Make friends at work and have them run you through the hot pot, KTV gauntlet.  Learn the culture of having extended dinner outings, etc.  It’s easy to take for granted.

Participant

Haha I ‘m a Celtic supporter, should I breathe a sigh of relief or start looking for a new city to live in?

Thanks for the info, will definitely keep an eye out on the site’s events listings. I appreciate the advice on embracing the Sichuan culture, that was one of my reasons for working in Chengdu so I look forward to learning all about it.

Participant

What’s your work? Just list your hobbies and interests or something so people know what you are into.

I’m kind of in the mood to start meeting more new people when I get back to Chengdu. There used to be an awesome weekly couchsurfing meeting that was great for meeting foreigners and locals to hang out and have dinner with but I havent found anything like that for a while. It’d be nice to find new and more social friends.

Participant

Haha I ‘m a Celtic supporter, should I breathe a sigh of relief or start looking for a new city to live in?

Move to chongqing man…haha

I’ll PM you.

Participant

I’m in the same boat.  26 as well but I am here for school and live on the NE side of town but I’m usually down near Tongzilin about once a week.  Do you play soccer/football?

Keymaster

Welcome to Chengdu! It might be worth checking out Chengdu Places to browse for places of interest to you. You’ll have plenty of places to check out in 6 months, Chengdu is a large city.

Participant

Hey raschmidt and DCC. If either of you guys play football send a PM to AM or I.

Just realised the AM/PM thing looks cool but slightly confusing out of context.

Participant

I’m working as an international marketing manager for a Chinese dental firm, and my hobbies mostly include watching and playing really any type of sport (favourite being football/soccer), and going to see live music, as well as playing live music. And if it count’s as a hobby, I guess post-work beers are a favoured past-time too.

Thanks for the info guys, and raschmidt yeah looking to play football, dropped Dave and AM an email about getting involved in the league.

Participant

hey david welcome to chengdu ! im 24, my university in west of chengdu. i love living music show~!maybe can go rock living show together XD

Participant

Hi David,

We’ve also just moved here for work and don’t know anyone yet!  Would be happy to meet up for a beer and a chat sometime. Let me know!

Kate

Participant

Come to think of it now, the chengduplace, have more place

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Personals’ is closed to new topics and replies.