Just Strut Alleycat Bicycle Race 6/14

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionJust Strut Alleycat Bicycle Race 6/14

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Howdy Forum Folk,

This Saturday, the 14th, Natooke and Giraffe Bicycles & Bar will be hosting an alleycat.

If you’re unfamiliar with the format, it’s simple.  The race is a checkpoint race and similar in style to a scavenger hunt.  Before the race starts, racers will be offered a manifest listing the checkpoints.  You must choose your own route!

Worried you’re not such a cycling stud/stud-ette?  Each checkpoint has a unique game to better level the playing field.  Afraid of getting lost?  Find a friend or group to ride along with.  Also, the distance shouldn’t exceed 30 kilometers depending on how turned around you get!

Also thanks to our sponsors Factory Five and Colossi we have some cool prizes up for grabs include a specially painted handmade frame valued at 3300 RMB to be raffled off amongst the racers.

After party at Giraffe includes beer for any attendants.  I’m thinking you’ll have a good time.

Location: Science and Technology Museum, North side (just norther of Tianfu Square, behind the building behind Mao)

Race start: 3:00 p.m.

Race finish (time limit): 5:30 p.m.

Just Strut

Participant

This is going to be a blast.  I’m glad I’m part of the organizing team.  It means I have to be there!

Also, there is a registration limit of 100 people.  So don’t sit on the fence!  Also, granted this means you have at least a 1/100 (but more likely greater chance) to win that frame!

//end self-plug

Participant

Super fun time had by all.  The games at each checkpoint were fun, weather couldn’t have been better, the turn-out was great, nice prizes, beer and a slew of nice bikes.  Kudos to Elliott for riding the Chopper for the duration.

Thank you to all that came out and shared some good times on a bike!!!!

Participant

Thanks it was fun 😉

Smal movie report :

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzI2ODE5OTky.html

and picture :

Participant

Excellent stuff Adrien. It looks like I’ve managed to appear in roughly 50% of the media for this whole event.

Keymaster

Thanks it was fun ;) Smal movie report : http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzI2ODE5OTky.html

Nice, glad someone got video! That chopper bicycle at 7 seconds in… hahaha

Participant

Nice, glad someone got video! That chopper bicycle at 7 seconds in… hahaha

That’s Elliot!  He just sort of showed up and was along for the ride.  Needless to say we gave him a prize for finishing the race (25 km!) on the most difficult to ride bike.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.