Kindergarten | International / Bilingual / Others?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionKindergarten | International / Bilingual / Others?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,

While googling for Kindergarten (3 year old class) for my son in Chengdu, came across a few International schools and some bilingual schools. I understand that in the International Schools, English is the medium of instruction and in the Bilingual school, Chinese is the medium of instruction with English as one additional subject. Is that understanding correct?

Also I see that the annual fee in the Inernational schools is upto RMB60K for the half day program. Any idea about the average tution fee in the bilingual schools? Is there anyother option other than International schools where the medium of instruction is English (or atleast for majority of the time)?

Thanks

Pandian

Participant

Good “kindergartens” taught in Chinese with English as an option or accessory class are around 30k a year.

I’d wager it’s better for your kid to go to a school taught in English. I guess you’d have to do some research into the school, feedback, results, and maybe individual teachers who will spend time with your child but it’s a kinda..first thought on the subject. For an annual fee, if you can afford it, don’t mess around with a difference of 10-20-30k per year if the difference is an institution you can feel provides a good environment vs. a risk that may/may not work out..especially in China. RE: “especially in China” linka, is this a China dis that equates to my life is shit?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.