Knife Murder on our Block

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionKnife Murder on our Block

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We live just inside 1st Ring Road (3rd south section). Around 7/25 at 1am three guys came to our block where there is an internet cafe on the 2nd floor, called a guy to come down to the sidewalk and killed him with a knife. The guard of our complex said there was blood on the sidewalk in the morning.

Anyone else out there witness or hear about violent crime where you live?

Participant

Just inside 1st on south section – near the Tibetan district? Maybe a little more knife violence near there, hence lots of cops hangin around most of the time.

I’ve not heard of something as blatant as some people calling someone down and killing him on the sidewalk – but stabbings, yah, definitely happens.

I’m on bail, still, for criminal assault, so I guess I’ve heard of violent crime. 😀

Keymaster

Never witnessed any violent crime or heard of anyone getting killed or even seriously injured in a violent attack in my neighborhood (Yulin) before. I don’t doubt that it’s happened before, but I’m working on the assumption that it’s very rare.

Do you know what happened after the stabbing? Was the attacker apprehended?

One time I was DJ’ing in Xiamen and I looked up at the crowd and saw the back of everyones heads. Not knowing what was going on, I searched around the room trying to see what was happening and I saw a guy covered in blood walking across the dance floor toward me. He walked right past the DJ booth to a table in the back of the club where he sat down with some other people, one of whom gave him a towel that he wiped his head off with. A moment later, everything resumed as if nothing had happened.

Violent crime seems to be very rare in China though, or at least you very rarely hear about it. Compared to in the States where it’s common in urban areas. I have a lot of stories of violence through DJ’ing in the states: one time I came back to my car at 3am in DC and the hood was covered in blood from where two people who exited the party and fought in the street. One guy got his face slammed into my car, denting it and bleeding everywhere.

Participant

Tibetan area is 1st ring road south 1st section. 3rd seems about a little north west of tianfu sq. I live near Tibetan area.. Scary as hell. Who says they are nice people needs to do more research…

Though, the only good saving grace about that area is Sardina’s pizza :).. And one of their cute workers 😛

Participant

In my experience, Tibetans are nice to foreigners, maybe not so nice to Chinese…maybe for good reason 😀

Keymaster
    Quote:
    In my experience, Tibetans are nice to foreigners, maybe not so nice to Chinese…maybe for good reason 😀

Exactly… Tibetans are among the nicest people I’ve ever met. Naturally, they often do not get along with Chinese and vice versa. When I went to Lhasa for a week all of the Chinese people that I went with were telling me to be careful walking around the city because it’s dangerous. I just laughed and ended up having a great time meeting friendly Tibetan people all week.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.