Living Cost for 6 Months in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLiving Cost for 6 Months in Chengdu

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Guys and Girls,

i am sorry for i am sure this topic was raised here more than once, but i am to stupid to find anything about it.

I am planing my china trip right now and try to figure out the costs.

I am pretty sure that i would like to spend 5-6 Month in Chengdu, studyig Mandarin at SWUFE.

Having my Rent and University paid, i should have about 500-550$ (USD) left each month for food, entertainment and whatever…

I know it highly depends on ones lifestyle how much he spends a month, but since i am not that much into shopping and don’t need to spend each weekend clubbing i would like to know some thoughts on this budget. I am optimistic it should be allright for it would work fine in Germany, and i guess chengdu is a bit cheaper.

Much text, barely a concrete question… sorry again 😉

thanks for your time and please excuse my bad english!

regards, mailo.

You won’t be poppin’ chrome rims on a new lo-rider, but you’ll be doing alright with over 3k RMB a month to play with. All the necessities are cheap.

Participant

thanks for your qucik reply… i guess i can wait on ‘hitting them corners on the low-lows’ until i am back home

Participant

You will be more than fine as a student ! I was living on 2500 a month and my rent still needed to be paid of that, so I ended up with 1600 a month, which was alright. And if its not enough, some teaching gigs in between will be highly beneficial.

Keymaster

thanks for your qucik reply… i guess i can wait on ‘hitting them corners on the low-lows’ until i am back home

I find it hilarious that you apologize for your bad English and then say something like this! You’ll have no problem in Chengdu on 3k rmb a month after rent is paid for. It’s not a princely sum which will have you eating Western food everyday, but it’s far more than the average local in Chengdu is living on.

Participant

3k rmb/mo without rent is more than enough to eat out, go out, have fun, vacation, and go shopping so long as you arent buying designer crap or going to fancy schmansy places all the time!

Participant

Thank you guys! Seems like this will work out 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.