Looking for 围棋, Chess, or Board Game Players

HomeForumsIn ChengduLooking for 围棋, Chess, or Board Game Players

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just moved back to Chengdu after 10 years in the coastal zoos of Beijing and Shanghai. Lived here many years back and missed the laid-back vibe.

Greatly enjoy playing Go (围棋), chess, and various board and card games. Would like to get a weekly group going if anyone is interested. All in a relaxed way – something to while you converse and have a few beers.

Feel free to drop me a note here or on WeChat – gaofei122076 – if interested.

-Godfrey

Keymaster

I’m interested – which part of the city do you live in? I’m a mediocre international chess player but am trying to improve my 象棋.

Participant

yeah you two need to meet. God, you know i’m in. Let’s do it at your crib weekly? or perhaps a cafe? Stugans?

Participant

My official ranking is 1200 and change but i tied a GM in a simul and tied a Master at a starbux. My ‘real’ rating could b from 1700-2100ish if im serious.

Chengdu has one of the best chess players in all of China.. Wish i can find the place where the kids practice.

Keymaster

yeah you two need to meet. God, you know i’m in. Let’s do it at your crib weekly? or perhaps a cafe? Stugans?

This must be the Godfrey that you mentioned long ago… I’m down to play at my house, on my rooftop would be good, there’s shade and a table. Unfortunately Cafe Stugan closed…

Chengdu has one of the best chess players in all of China.. Wish i can find the place where the kids practice.

Are you talking Chinese chess? Chengdu is well known for that. Tea houses are where a lot of people play. You also see pretty competitive games on the street in certain neighborhoods. Those games can get heated – really fun to watch.

Participant

Excellent.   How about we try meeting up this coming Sunday afternoon, say 3 or 4 pm? I’m gone next week for travel, so for a weekday would need to be week after next.

Some shady cafe with cheap beers works, perhaps we meet there the first time so everyone knows where to go?

Keymaster

Excellent. How about we try meeting up this coming Sunday afternoon, say 3 or 4 pm?

Works for me.

Participant

Damn you guys, takes you 1 day to find players, while some of us spend years alone only cause nobody play Japanese MahJiang around *cry*

Off to learn Chinese chess for the 10th time over the last year.

Keymaster

Damn you guys, takes you 1 day to find players, while some of us spend years alone only cause nobody play Japanese MahJiang around *cry*

Good luck finding people to play inferior dog mahjong with you! 小日本!

Off to learn Chinese chess for the 10th time over the last year.

This is me also. Learning the basics 5 summers in a row.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.