Looking for a Chengdu Tailor

HomeForumsIn ChengduLooking for a Chengdu Tailor

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anyone know of a good Chengdu tailors where I can get a relatively inexpensive suit made up? Cheers

Participant

bump. I have the same question, as it will determine whether I need to spend time in Hong Kong on my way to Chengdu. I need a bunch of stuff made–suits, shirts, trousers.

Participant

bump. I have the same question, as it will determine whether I need to spend time in Hong Kong on my way to Chengdu. I need a bunch of stuff made–suits, shirts, trousers.

Participant

I’ve tried a couple of places, here. Both appalling.

So I too would be interested to hear a recommendation.

there’s certainly not the market of catering to visitors there is in Hong Kong or Bangkok, or even somewhere like Beijing.

Participant

I’ve tried a couple of places, here. Both appalling.

So I too would be interested to hear a recommendation.

there’s certainly not the market of catering to visitors there is in Hong Kong or Bangkok, or even somewhere like Beijing.

Keymaster
    Quote:

You’re better off getting that done in Hong Kong. Aside from having your choice of tailors, communicating what you need will be easy (not sure how good your Chinese is). Hong Kong is also a suit culture city, you rarely see well fitting suits in Chengdu, or suits at all.

Keymaster
    Quote:

You’re better off getting that done in Hong Kong. Aside from having your choice of tailors, communicating what you need will be easy (not sure how good your Chinese is). Hong Kong is also a suit culture city, you rarely see well fitting suits in Chengdu, or suits at all.

Participant

What are the usual ranges in prices for suits? HK and/or CD?

Participant

What are the usual ranges in prices for suits? HK and/or CD?

Participant

HK has a huge price range, if you go to Nathan Rd. area you’ll find the lower end of the range. You can get shirts for ~$100, suits for like ~$1000 and up.. but again depends on the tailor and the fabrics. You’ll need to do some searching or research to find good fabrics, and then hope that the tailor with the fabrics you like has the skill to match 😀 Suggest finding someone who has a regular guy or place they go and seeing how their gear looks to you before you go, to save potential time crunch.

Participant

HK has a huge price range, if you go to Nathan Rd. area you’ll find the lower end of the range. You can get shirts for ~$100, suits for like ~$1000 and up.. but again depends on the tailor and the fabrics. You’ll need to do some searching or research to find good fabrics, and then hope that the tailor with the fabrics you like has the skill to match 😀 Suggest finding someone who has a regular guy or place they go and seeing how their gear looks to you before you go, to save potential time crunch.

I feel like tailors in HK are almost from India,no wonder they prefer to stand by street and say “suits ,suits”It confused me a lot then,now make sense.

However,why they like to say “copy handbag,copy watch”???

I feel like tailors in HK are almost from India,no wonder they prefer to stand by street and say “suits ,suits”It confused me a lot then,now make sense.

However,why they like to say “copy handbag,copy watch”???

Participant

I’m also looking to have a new suit made, I can’t wait till I go to Hong Kong. Doesnt need to be cheap just good quality, does it exist in Chengdu. Any recommendations would be great.

Participant

I’ve gone to a spot in Yulin to get pants for work tailor-made, specifically decent looking light cotton pants that I can wear to the office in the sweaty summer. I wouldn’t really recommend a foreigner to get a suit there tho, not that I ever have. I’m just not sure how in tune they really would be for western suit styles and cuts. Anyways, if you’re interested, send me a message

Participant

well, there are a lot of them . It depends on where you live.You can message me or just look up google or baidu map. just type 裁缝。 I don’t know if English works anyway.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.