Looking for a Job for a non-native English speaker

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsLooking for a Job for a non-native English speaker

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello guys!

Long time, no see! = )

It’s been almost a year since I left China for the second time and I really miss Chengdu :(… I am thinking of coming back in late August early September together with my boyfriend but he is not really into this idea because he does not speak any Chinese…. Also, teaching English is not that appealing to him. But I know he will love Chengdu!

I’ve been searching in the forum but everything I could find was only connected to teaching…So here I am, writing this topic in search for a decent job for a non-native male English speaker from Europe- almost anything would be welcome. He’s currently working as a salesman for an international car rental company.

I hope that my post will help someone else find what they are searching for, too..

Thank you! =)

Maria

Keymaster

There are certainly job opportunities in Chengdu for non-native English speakers but it really depends on your skill set and your ability to network. If you aren’t a native English speaker then I think speaking Chinese will be very important for making those connections. English teaching is by far the easiest type of job to find in Chengdu, which does not require any Chinese skills at all. Once you go beyond that, it becomes a little bit trickier.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.