Looking for a reliable Chinese-English translator

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLooking for a reliable Chinese-English translator

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have tons of work for a good Chinese to English/English to Chinese translator. Looking for someone who can finish jobs quickly. Translation level must be high, but I will edit all copy, so key is be able to translate quickly. There are also high-quality jobs with flexible deadlines. I pay cash.

Cheers,

Sascha

Participant

Hi, Sascha. What kind of content you want people to translate?

Participant

Hi Sascha, I can do that!

Participant

great thanks for the responses, I will be in contact with you via PM

Participant

Hi Sascha,

I have a BD in computer sicence, many of my textbooks were in English, I got 569 on my CET6. All in all, I can do that too, call me maybe.

Sincerely!

Participant

Hi, Du Juang Yan. You are very sincere and I think that you did a not bad job in your English test. But I have to warn you. English translation is quite difficult and serious and it is quite different from so-called China’s English test.

Participant

@Sascha: if the contents are not that proprietary, maybe we could have a contest here, see who can provide with the best translation.

may the best wins and shines!

what do you think?

Participant

Actually Vic, that is not a bad idea. But here is the deal:

I have a lot of stuff to translate that needs to be done quickly and professionally, I will find a couple people to help with that. BUT

We are also looking to translate a bunch of Chengduliving Articles for an English-Chinese ebook we hope to put out … maybe by the end of the year. If we could hold something like a “translate CL article contest” that might be interesting, and would make the ebook much more special.

If there are enough people who would like to get involved, I can provide a list of articles and we can do this …

Participant

Actually Vic, that is not a bad idea. But here is the deal:

I have a lot of stuff to translate that needs to be done quickly and professionally, I will find a couple people to help with that. BUT

We are also looking to translate a bunch of Chengduliving Articles for an English-Chinese ebook we hope to put out … maybe by the end of the year. If we could hold something like a “translate CL article contest” that might be interesting, and would make the ebook much more special.

If there are enough people who would like to get involved, I can provide a list of articles and we can do this …

Participant

Vic: I have to say: “I fu le you!” A little bit aggressive. I don’t like that idea. To prove what? Your English is very excellent. I only treat it as a part time task. I think that the organizer can make a decision by reading material which we forward him. That’s enough. Anyway, I will not attend that kind of so-called contest. If you are interested, go ahead.

Participant

Vic: I have to say: “I fu le you!” A little bit aggressive. I don’t like that idea. To prove what? Your English is very excellent. I only treat it as a part time task. I think that the organizer can make a decision by reading material which we forward him. That’s enough. Anyway, I will not attend that kind of so-called contest. If you are interested, go ahead.

Participant

@Tracy

It would be a good natured “contest” .. my goal is to translate CL articles into Chinese, in my head I am thinking that anyone who participates wins a prize. I am also not interested in crowning a winner, only in having us get together to do a fun project.

As I said above, if you are interested, PM me with an email address

Participant

@Tracy

It would be a good natured “contest” .. my goal is to translate CL articles into Chinese, in my head I am thinking that anyone who participates wins a prize. I am also not interested in crowning a winner, only in having us get together to do a fun project.

As I said above, if you are interested, PM me with an email address

Participant

@Tracy: don’t take me wrong, dear. it is not trying to “prove” anything but a chance for people to improve and/or sharpen their “translation” skills. with so many people with great language skills in CD, why don’t we provide them with a place they can showcase their talents? with some monetary incentive or cooperative credits, it would be much more interesting, don’t you think?

@Sascha: an ebook is a marvelous idea, maybe a coffee table edition as well? i’m all for it.

Participant

@Tracy: don’t take me wrong, dear. it is not trying to “prove” anything but a chance for people to improve and/or sharpen their “translation” skills. with so many people with great language skills in CD, why don’t we provide them with a place they can showcase their talents? with some monetary incentive or cooperative credits, it would be much more interesting, don’t you think?

@Sascha: an ebook is a marvelous idea, maybe a coffee table edition as well? i’m all for it.

Participant

Vic: Sorry. I was a little bit too sensitive and passionate. No worries. 🙂

Sascha: Can I send them to you on the weekend?

Participant

Vic: Sorry. I was a little bit too sensitive and passionate. No worries. 🙂

Sascha: Can I send them to you on the weekend?

Hi Sascha,

i’m a chengdu local, i’ll be very glad to help u translating the ebook~

Hi Sascha,

i’m a chengdu local, i’ll be very glad to help u translating the ebook~

Participant

Hi Sascha, Im very sorry. Recently I’ve suddenly become a little busy. I think that I can’t do it now. Have a good day.:)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.