Looking for an apartment in south Chengdu

HomeForumsClassifiedsJobs & Apartment RentalsLooking for an apartment in south Chengdu

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

In Yulin, Tongzilin or Zongbei.

Recently relocated American grad student doing work and research here in Chengdu. Looking for a place in any of these three areas. Either a place by myself or with (Chinese/Western) roommates is fine. Would prefer if roommates spoke Chinese or English, though.

A kitchen, my own room and broadband are the only three requirements I have.

Participant

Yulin is a great neighborhood to live in but it has a lot of older buildings. It is possible to find a gem amongst them, but you might have to search for the right place. It seems that most of the newer buildings in Yulin are farther away from the subway.

My suggestion is to hit the pavement. Stop into any agencies you see on the street and ask about places. Most agencies will be able to show you some pics to get a general feel for the place before you waste your time going to look.

Also check out Ganji (Craigslist-ish site) for apartment listings. You can break it down by district and subdistrict. The places you see online might not all be available, but it will give you an idea of what kinds of places you’ll find in each neighborhood.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Jobs & Apartment Rentals’ is closed to new topics and replies.