Looking for Friendly People to Keep Me Sane!

HomeForumsClassifiedsPersonalsLooking for Friendly People to Keep Me Sane!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello all,

I will be touching down in Chengdu this coming Friday(EXCITED)! The only person I know over there is my brother, but he is working/living in Deyang. Therefore, if you are interested in helping a new comer out that would be awesome. As meeting people and socializing can make things a lot easier when going through such a big transition! I have already learned a lot and got a lot of good advice from this forum so thank you all. Hope to meet some of you guys once I get in!!

Oh yeah… just a little information (if anyone cares ha), I am from the States, lived in the U.k for 3 years then moved to Canada. Now I’m back in the States moving to China only knowing 3 things in mandarin(and that’s on a good day). I hate being a homebody, so if it’s something to do that gets me out, I’m all game!!

– Christina

Participant

Is your first time to come to China?

Now Im in UK , nice country.

Welcome and enjoy Chengdu~

Participant

Just become insane, it makes things easier here. On a side note, which part of Chengdu are you going to drop the anchor?

Participant

@ Shu – Yes, this would be my first time coming to China. Where in the UK are you? I really did enjoy my time there.

@ Alexey – Haha, yeah I’ll take your advice. As of right now I have someone setting up my housing and am unsure of exactly where that might be. Hopefully by tomorrow I will know for sure.

Quote:
    As of right now I have someone setting up my housing and am unsure of exactly where that might be

Hope that works out for you!!

I’m sure you’ll find answers to the many questions that await you right here on the forum. Welcome, and I hope your move goes as winging it planned.

Good Luck!

Participant

The Irish part, U know, not quite safe

You’d better eat hot pot,very nice….eh.. yummy LOL

I am still missing chinese food~

Participant

@ Shu – Yes, I plan on trying it and everything Chengdu has to offer.

@ Brendan – Yeah the form has helped a lot with the questions I been having, so a lot of good guidance. Thanks for the luck.

@ Alexey – I will be “dropping the anchor” south side. lol

Participant

Hi Christina,

Welcome to Chengdu!

My friends and I are out and about most weekends, so you are welcome to join us if you want to. Just let me know 🙂

Sandi

Participant

Sandi will keep you sane.. Not sure about the others

Participant

Haha, thanks for the vote of confidence Ian 😉

Hey there,

i’m back in chengdu, and as i don’t know many people here, i would also like doing something and getting to know somebody of you in the next 2 weeks. Only if gender (male) is no problem for you…

Hey,

Yes, Sandi has done a great job in the welcome committee! I am also along for most of the shenanigans and we would be happy to have you! The more the merrier!

Inactive

hey,

i thought you are looking for someone to keep you sane..all those responded seems like trying to make you go insane..lol

ok, im a local girl… if you need any information, feel free to contact me…btw, i like going out and going insane..lol

Participant

Hey everyone, currently in Shanghai. Missed my flight to Chengdu so had to stay over night.

@ Sandi – Thanks for the invite! I will definitely contact you so we can have a meet up. Looking forward to meeting you.

@ Thomas – No problem, I can let you know what shenanigans I might get into. You are only in Chengdu for 2 weeks though?

@ Valarie – Great!!! Haha, I really don’t want to end up being one of those people who stay at home having absolutely no one to socialize with. I am a get up and get out type of person!!

@ 菜鸟/ [email protected] – Thank you!! I am 100% sure I will be needing all the information I can get once I arrive! Well, seeing that everyone knows more than I about Chengdu, I can deal with a little craziness lol!!

Christina:

Yes, i only stay till April 25th.

i was here in chengdu occasionally during the last 2 years (on the whole about 9 month) but i got to know this Forum just 3 month ago 🙁

Participant

Missed flight!!! i did this before… crazy thing

Hey, I’m gonna be getting hot pot tomorrow night with some people from couchsurfing if you guys are interested. 7 pm at the nijiaqiao subway station

Hey, I’m gonna be getting hot pot tomorrow night with some people from couchsurfing if you guys are interested. 7 pm at the nijiaqiao subway station

tomorrow means now today, i’m 2 h late then ? 🙁

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Personals’ is closed to new topics and replies.