Art Project Looking for Volunteers

HomeForumsIn ChengduArt Project Looking for Volunteers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

SURGE Art needs volunteers in Chengdu!

Now in its eighth year, SURGE Art was founded to bring affordable contemporary art to the public by working directly with the best of China’s young and emerging artists. These artists are often undiscovered, and in this way, SURGE Art provides a platform to showcase their work to the public.

Volunteering for us will give you an opportunity to learn more about what’s happening in the Chinese art world, a chance to interact with artists and buyers, and valuable experience being part of a team putting on a large event.
    We can provide letters of participation for any students looking for volunteer experience.

SURGE Art Chengdu 2013 will take place October 1-5. We will need volunteers to be available at least one day during that week AND/OR be able to help us with translation or marketing in the weeks leading up to the event.

Volunteers of any age and background welcome. Chinese and English proficiency a plus, but not necessary.

For more information, please contact Sydney at: [email protected]

Participant

mmm i want to …but i dont have time during that period…

Participant

Could you give some more details regarding possible duties?

Languages wise I speak Russian, English and above average Chinese.

Apart from that I`m pretty decent at photography.

Participant

During the event, volunteers will be doing customer service, artwork handling, flyering at various locations around the city, and assisting staff with various tasks. We will also need help in the days leading up to the event with set-up, etc. In the next few weeks we’ll need people to do some basic translation (artist and artwork info) and advertising (putting up posters, handing out flyers, social media).

We’ll also definitely need some good photographers there!

If you’re interested, get in touch with me directly ([email protected]).

Thanks for your reply!

Sydney could you perhaps post some information about where the proceeds garnered from this fair end up going, as I understand it Surge Art is a private business representing various artists works for sale. If you are asking for volunteers I think myself and others would hope that the funds generated by the fair are going back into the Arts in some way. It would also help give a clearer picture of what the event is about.

Participant

Hi everyone. SURGE Art is indeed a private company that was started in Beijing 8 years ago. Some ways in which we benefit the art community:
    -Application is free and open to all artists.
    -Artwork is judged on merit alone, giving many young artists an opportunity to exhibit and sell their work that they wouldn’t otherwise have.
    -Participation is completely free for artists.
    -For many of our Beijing events, we have partnered with arts-based NGOs, including ones working with children of migrant workers and adults with developmental disabilities.

Please check out our website: http://www.surgeart.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.