Looking for Waffles

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLooking for Waffles

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi all

New in town and looking for a decent “American” breakfast place specially Waffles with Real maple syrup, any suggestions?

Thanks a lot

Keymaster

Waffles are a tough one – pancakes are around, but I don’t think I’ve seen waffles on a menu anywhere. Hopefully someone comes in here and corrects me. Waffles seems pretty easy, not sure why no one offers them.

Quote:
    any suggestions?

I’m gonna go with this seeing as I haven’t seen waffles anywhere yet in Chengdu. Waffles everyday in your home seems like a decent compromise to me!

Participant

Waffles, definitely one of my favorite 🙂

Participant

In Chengdu waffles usually are desserts, not breakfast, so you will find them on the menus of Taiwanese dessert places. The last time I was in Shangri-la there was a waffle station at the Cafe Z buffet, though I don’t remember maple syrup as one of the condiments.

Suggest going to Lazy Pug for their crunchy French toast and real maple syrup, once they re-open.

Keymaster

Someone should open a Waffle House in Chengdu.

wafflehouse.jpg

Quote:
    The last time I was in Shangri-la there was a waffle station at the Cafe Z buffet, though I don’t remember maple syrup as one of the condiments.

Yes! I just stayed there again recently and they do indeed have waffles, and they did have syrup, albeit in minuscule little pots. I’d completely forgotten about them until you mentioned it S S.

Not sure what they charge for the breakfast for non guests, but it’s not too bad if you go in there hungry!!

Quote:
    Someone should open a Waffle House in Chengdu.

Finding the rats and flies shouldn’t be a problem.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Finding the rats and flies shouldn’t be a problem.

Ironically, there will also be no waffles.

Participant

There is a newly opened German fast food store(KDK) in Shuang nan. From across REN REN Le supermarket.

They have waffles and some cheap good stuff!

http://www.kdkfood.com/chengdu1/

Participant

I would love to have waffles for my new years eve desert! It can’t. Be compared to the waffle house it’s very exciting to have it so cheap!

They KDK store will expand in chengdu..good news waffle lovers!

Participant

I checked out one of the places that serves waffles today, because I happened upon a groupon.

Pleasantly surprised. The waffle was not too dry and served with honey and a pool of what I thought was wilted fake whipped cream but ended up being that salty foam stuff that is all the rage on top of coffee these days. (The seafoam coffee at Cafe 85 degrees and the salty cheese coffee at Rosa, you know.)

Decent 10 kuai snack, but not sure if I would pay full price (16 yuan) for it.

Participant

There’s a place called something like Lolicup? It’s near xiang bings guang chang, near the bridge. Sorry if this is way too vague.

Participant

Oh wait it wasn’t as vague as I thought (go long term memory!) it’s called Lollicup, on the 3rd floor of the EGO mall nearby Chun Xi Lu. They have waffles, coffee, and other desserts. But it’s not exactly the “american breakfast” kind of waffles you’re looking for.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    But it’s not exactly the “american breakfast” kind of waffles you’re looking for.

What other kind are there – Belgian waffles? Really thin waffles? Something else?

China tends to have its own version of things, maybe this is one of those. Yesterday CCTV invited me to hotpot and asked me to explain what was on the dinner table on camera. In a basket was something I could only describe as Chinese muffins. Tasted bran-y.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.