Looking to Rent Photography Studio

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLooking to Rent Photography Studio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anybody know of any photography studios in Chengdu that are available to rent?

To clarify; I am looking to take pictures in a studio environment. NOT looking for a studio photographer to take my picture.

I understand that there are plenty of studios where one can go to get their photo taken, but don’t know if they are available to be used (along with lighting equipment).

Keymaster

You mean you want to rent the studio space and all of their lights and equipment, etc? I haven’t heard of anything like this in Chengdu before, but it might be possible. If you’re a veteran photographer with a good portfolio that will probably make it a lot easier. I will ask a photographer friend in Chengdu with a studio about this.

Participant

Alan, I just went to check out the gym at Suning plaza next to Galleria/Ikea in the south, and they showed us one room which is basically full of photography equipment (like a small studio) and members can take ‘professional’ photos or use the gear. They also seem to have a ‘per-time’ option, so maybe you could consider heading there, seeing if they have all the stuff you need, and rather than using their gym facilities (or use both :D) pay the gym fee and use the photography studio. I don’t know what stuff they have there, just saw various backdrops, big white lighting things, various type of lights.. they said all their advertisement photography was done in there and it looks pretty good.

6th floor of Suning plaza in the south, same entrance as the normal gym entrance.

Participant

Thanks for the info guys.

@charlie

Exactly. Renting the space and equipment. Not sure why I couldn’t have just said that.

I’m in London right now and I took a free studio lighting workshop last night. I found it very interesting so I was curious what the chances were for me to mess around in a studio a bit when I return to Chengdu.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.