Lugu Lake Ticket (office) and Travel Tips

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionLugu Lake Ticket (office) and Travel Tips

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I plan to travel to Lugu Lake this weekend.

Does anyone have experience or travel tips?

Accommodation/activities/food recommendations.

Maybe hikes/GPS tracks in the area.

Also I’ve read there might be an entry ticket to the whole area?

If this is true does anyone know how or where it’s collected?

Participant

Lugu Lake! That`s my hometown, its just one ticket basically, about 80 CNY, not includes ropeway fee. If you would like to ride bikes, you can rent one and ride around the lake. I was born there so feel nothing is special besides light cyan water and blue sky.

Participant

Hello Kale, thanks. that’s interesting you’re from there.

It’s shame I didn’t ask earlier maybe we could have met.

I’m interested, what is the ticket for? to enter the villages? or something else.

Also, I think now not many real minority people live near the lake. Most is artificial for tourists. Do you know the name of any villages nearby that have real minority lifestyle?

Participant

I went there this summer and the ticket is to enter the area.

I visited a minority village just north of Luoshui (the main village at the lake). It’s a bit difficult to find as you have to hike up the mountain, but someone from the northmost hotel at the lake in Luoshui went with me. Maybe you can ask there, forgot the name though, but this hotel is actually at the water instead of all the other hotels have a road between the hotel and the lake.

It seemed a real authentic village, all wooden houses/ huts, children in dirty cloths, almost no electricity and cooking on a fire. I spend one night and for dinner they killed a pig and cooked it over the fire.

The hotel:

WG2ZQ.jpg

The village:

4RjYJ.jpg

Participant

That looks like a fine hotel ! Do you know the rates ?

Participant

I was there during the summer holiday holiday (so peak season). I think it was 300 yuan for the ones at the lake. They also have other rooms which are cheaper, but not at the lake.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    It seemed a real authentic village, all wooden houses/ huts, children in dirty cloths, almost no electricity and cooking on a fire. I spend one night and for dinner they killed a pig and cooked it over the fire.

That looks beautiful. How far from Chengdu is Lugu Lake?

Participant
    Quote:
    How far from Chengdu is Lugu Lake?

You’ll probably want to take the train to Xichang first which is about 10-12 hours I think (could be wrong). Then another 6 hours on the bus to Lugu Lake.

I did it the other way around on the way back from my travels in Yunnan.

Participant

one days self-driving travelling

about 9-11 hours

Participant
    Quote:
    You’ll probably want to take the train to Xichang first which is about 10-12 hours I think (could be wrong). Then another 6 hours on the bus to Lugu Lake.

We got back now, that’s pretty right, though there is some construction on the road so it’s 7-8 hours on the bus at the moment.

It’s worth noting that you can take overnight sleepers to/from xichang. So that takes a big bite out of the journey. the bus trip isn’t a breeze though. it twists allot even by local standards, except for a break crossing a small plateau at yanyuan. On the bus there half the passengers were throwing up, which was also ‘interesting’

Participant
    Quote:

Thanks for the tip, we took a walk to the village (I think in that area) but didn’t stay overnight.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.